Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is it worth guarding my blueprints?  (Read 4548 times)

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Is it worth guarding my blueprints?
« on: January 24, 2019, 10:18:31 AM »

I know for a fact that pirates get a hold of black marketed ship blueprints after a while, but what about weapon/hull mod blue prints?

Will selling a weapon blueprint on black markets mean pirates will be better equipped in the future? Does this apply to blueprint packs?

What about the other factions? Does selling blueprints on free/military markets have an impact on fleet composition?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth guarding my blueprints?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 10:22:51 AM »

Weapon blueprints, yes, they'll use them.  Hull mod blueprints... I'm not sure, but I don't think so?  Blueprint packs definitely yes.

Other factions don't learn blueprints you sell them; I think the assumption is that non-pirate factions are using the ships they've got because that's what they want to be using, rather than due to not having anything better.  ...Of course, it's certainly possible for some clever modder to make a faction that would do what vanilla pirates do, though most of the faction mods have specific themes that wouldn't make sense with that.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth guarding my blueprints?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 06:39:05 PM »

intentionally giving pirates good ships is source of fun, especially when you meet pirate raid with multiple dooms and bunch of other phase ships.