Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Nexerelin market wont protect me? (i think its this mod)  (Read 2203 times)

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Nexerelin market wont protect me? (i think its this mod)
« on: January 18, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »

Hello all you captains out there!

So i'm not to sure if its the Dassault-Mikoyan mod or its in vanilla now but i conquered a research base (a base that floats around the planet that you can go to buy stuff and so on) and like how you would when you build a base on a planet i upgraded the station. When an enemy fleet came to me, i was next the base but instead of the base appearing in the combat, i was left alone? So was wondering if it was on purpose to be more of the base protects itself only and not act like a base that you would of constructed on a planet that would protect you if you were near it.

cheers.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:30:27 AM by SupaMuffinMan »

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Dassault-Mikoyan market wont protect me? (i think its this mod)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 10:53:38 PM »

You may wish to ask this in the Mods section of the forum, in the section for that mod.

In vanilla (un-modded game content), starbases that you build at a colony will join battles near enough to them.

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 12:30:05 AM »

ah woops

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 12:41:49 AM »

I can guarantee you that, whatever is going on here, it's not a problem with DME - or at least, isn't a problem with DME on its own.  This sounds much more like something odd going on with Nexerelin, as that's the only mod that allows the player to conquer things.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 12:56:06 AM »

Post the save if you have one (just before the battle, that is).

It's possible that Nexerelin fleet encounter pull in logic is bugged, but I'm moderately confident the logic regarding stations is identical to vanilla's, and it seems to work for me (my fleet between station and pirate fleet, transponder either on or off).

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 01:29:41 AM »

I can guarantee you that, whatever is going on here, it's not a problem with DME - or at least, isn't a problem with DME on its own.  This sounds much more like something odd going on with Nexerelin, as that's the only mod that allows the player to conquer things.

yea sorry, its nexerelin, thanks for the clear up!  ;D

Post the save if you have one (just before the battle, that is).

It's possible that Nexerelin fleet encounter pull in logic is bugged, but I'm moderately confident the logic regarding stations is identical to vanilla's, and it seems to work for me (my fleet between station and pirate fleet, transponder either on or off).

Ah damn, well next time if it occurs again i'll remember to post the save file! Thank you for that good idea Histidine! ;D

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Nexerelin market wont protect me? (i think its this mod)
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 10:35:10 PM »

SupaMuffinMan: Looked at your save, thanks for sending it!

It seems to be the vanilla bug where stations can be in battles other than at their visual location. The station is tied down remotely fighting fleets elsewhere in the system, so it can't help you (and it dies in fairly short order anyway, given the numbers it's facing).
Not sure if there's anything in particular I can do about the issue from my side. Sorry!

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Nexerelin market wont protect me? (i think its this mod)
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 04:15:46 PM »

Thank you Histidine for having a look at the problem! Now I know not capture them.  :D