Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104600 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.14d
« Reply #405 on: March 07, 2020, 08:02:05 AM »

That's not how any of this works. At all.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 07, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »

Yeah, I once tried to only get the ships from a mod I liked but it is imposible since the java values won't match up then. You can only do it if you have knowledge of coding. If so good luck.

SoulDragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 07, 2020, 09:10:30 PM »

TL;DR
How TF do you change the missile engine color/fxs of the missiles in the game files?

Long version:
Awesome Mod! Tons of content, beautiful ship designs, and fun AF weapons!

I have a small question, however. I’m new to modding this game so I am not familiar with all its file systems etc yet. I have made a few small tweaks to this mod for personal use.  The only thing I wanted to do that I can’t figure out is I wanted to change the color of the hekaton missiles to make them a bit more like the Reaper. That red glow looks awesome imo and helps me not lose track of where my missiles go in combat. I tried fiddling with what I thought where the correct files, mainly tahlan\data\weapons\proj\tahlan_hekaton_torp.proj but nothing I do seems to change the effects for the projectile. Just want to change the thrusters from yellow to red (as seen in GIF).
Any help, please?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:15:12 PM by SoulDragon »

Sozzer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2020, 08:09:12 AM »

TL;DR
How TF do you change the missile engine color/fxs of the missiles in the game files?

in tahlan\data\weapons\proj\hekaton_torp.proj
change the following line:
Code
"engineColor":[255,160,50,255],
to
Code
"engineColor":[255,100,100,255],

of course, there is the problem that doing so may make it a bit confusing
so
if you encounter problems... well, you asked for it
literally :P

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2020, 06:13:38 PM »

Still having some problems with the Legio siege bases. They just refuse to disappear after you destroy them, or ever (didn't check but I'm pretty sure one has lasted for like 5 cycles already with the siege long gone) I am on 0.3.14d.
Also you can spam bombardment on them and nothing happens.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2020, 07:13:29 PM »

no idea what's wrong with it. Can't reproduce the issue on my end.

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2020, 08:17:49 PM »

"This is getting out of hand, now there are two of them!"

Yes, this is Askonia. RIP Philip, nobody really liked you, as evidenced by the fifty pirate fleets in your system.
By the way, you can see on the right of the radar the base that just won't go away.

Maybe just add some kind of failsafe guaranteed base destruction on saturated bombardment?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 08:21:04 PM by Kh0rnet »

SoulDragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2020, 09:07:55 PM »

TL;DR

in tahlan\data\weapons\proj\hekaton_torp.proj
change the following line:
Code
"engineColor":[255,160,50,255],
to
Code
"engineColor":[255,100,100,255],

of course, there is the problem that doing so may make it a bit confusing
so
if you encounter problems... well, you asked for it
literally :P

That’s what I’ve been doing. But nothing I do seems to make a difference.
Ok, I dont know what the hell I’ve just done but for whatever reason, It’s started working. Literally, all I was doing was changing those RGB values like I have a thousend times and it suddenly started working. Don’t know how I got it to work, but it's now red. I swear computers are freaky sometimes. The ghosts in the machine are showing lol.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2020, 09:46:40 PM »

Yes, this is Askonia. RIP Philip, nobody really liked you, as evidenced by the fifty pirate fleets in your system.
By the way, you can see on the right of the radar the base that just won't go away.

Maybe just add some kind of failsafe guaranteed base destruction on saturated bombardment?

Can you get it to reproduce with a minimal set of mods?  If so it can be debugged pretty easily, if it still happens when other mods are not present.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2020, 10:26:59 PM »

Speaking of Legio Siege events (w/ v0.3.14d), I've noticed that every time I enable Developer Mode through the Command Console mod and un-pause the game, a siege event is instantly spawned.

Here's the starsector.log output every time it occurs:
Code
24491840 [Thread-4] INFO  org.lazywizard.console.Console  - > devmode
24491840 [Thread-4] INFO  org.lazywizard.console.Console  - Dev mode is now enabled.
24492767 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - timer expired, spawning siege fleet
24492767 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - new siege timer, min: 330.0, max: 438.90002
24492768 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - picked Lucifron to spawn siege fleet
24492768 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - picked Aztlan star system as target for siege fleet
24492768 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - creating new LegioSiegeMissionIntel, arguments: Legio Infernalis, Lucifron, Aztlan, 133.34
24493226 [Thread-4] WARN  exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig  - Faction config ae_ixbattlegroup not found, using default
24494593 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.tahlan_LegioStealingHomework  - Interval elapsed, the space fascists gonna learn today
And my mod list, which IS rather expansive:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "ApproLight",
  "raccoonarms",
  "automatic-orders",
  "timid_admins",
  "blackrock_driveyards",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_radar",
  "COPS",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dam",
  "diableavionics",
  "foundation",
  "gs",
  "hullmod_expansion",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "Imperium",
  "junk_pirates_release",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "MagicLib",
  "Neutrino",
  "nexerelin",
  "yrex",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "secretsofthefrontieralt",
  "SEEKER",
  "shabro",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "tahlan",
  "THI",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "underworld",
  "vayrasector",
  "vesperon",
  "yrxp",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 09, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »

heya, great mod. i been trying to remove the super annoying circle around the natchegesang and it seems beyond my limited abilities. i got as far as figuring out that changing the java file in scripts doesnt do jack, and i guess i would need to change the .class file inside the java library... but i cant even read the file, never mind recompile it into something that wont just crash. i understand the purpose for it, just isnt worth cluttering up the view to me. downloaded and tried something called 'eclipse' to see if i could work on it with that, but it just claims the its corrupted.

at a total loss here, but kinda really want to get rid of that ring

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 09, 2020, 03:34:40 AM »

Can you get it to reproduce with a minimal set of mods?  If so it can be debugged pretty easily, if it still happens when other mods are not present.

It would take a while for me to do that in a new playthrough.

One thing that I should have mentioned earlier though: I am using Boggled's Player Station Construction (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17094.0): since it fiddles with the way stations work, could it be directly or indirectly responsible for the permanent Legio siege stations?

Aranov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 09, 2020, 07:12:06 AM »

I also am have the issue of Siege bases not being destroyed, and I also am using Boggled's Player Station Construction.
In fact, I destroyed LI by taking the Rubicon system, yet their Siege bases are still sitting there in hyperspace.

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 09, 2020, 11:14:45 AM »

I disabled Station Construction and observed no immediate effects - the bases remain after destroying them in battle and/or saturation bombardment. Any method of dealing with this the hard way, like through the console mod perhaps?

Disabling sieges during a playthrough is sadly not an option.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 11:22:20 AM by Kh0rnet »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 09, 2020, 12:13:44 PM »

Speaking of Legio Siege events (w/ v0.3.14d), I've noticed that every time I enable Developer Mode through the Command Console mod and un-pause the game, a siege event is instantly spawned.

Here's the starsector.log output every time it occurs:
Code
24491840 [Thread-4] INFO  org.lazywizard.console.Console  - > devmode
24491840 [Thread-4] INFO  org.lazywizard.console.Console  - Dev mode is now enabled.
24492767 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - timer expired, spawning siege fleet
24492767 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - new siege timer, min: 330.0, max: 438.90002
24492768 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - picked Lucifron to spawn siege fleet
24492768 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - picked Aztlan star system as target for siege fleet
24492768 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - creating new LegioSiegeMissionIntel, arguments: Legio Infernalis, Lucifron, Aztlan, 133.34
24493226 [Thread-4] WARN  exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig  - Faction config ae_ixbattlegroup not found, using default
24494593 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.tahlan_LegioStealingHomework  - Interval elapsed, the space fascists gonna learn today
And my mod list, which IS rather expansive:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "ApproLight",
  "raccoonarms",
  "automatic-orders",
  "timid_admins",
  "blackrock_driveyards",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_radar",
  "COPS",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dam",
  "diableavionics",
  "foundation",
  "gs",
  "hullmod_expansion",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "Imperium",
  "junk_pirates_release",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "MagicLib",
  "Neutrino",
  "nexerelin",
  "yrex",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "secretsofthefrontieralt",
  "SEEKER",
  "shabro",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "tahlan",
  "THI",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "underworld",
  "vayrasector",
  "vesperon",
  "yrxp",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

It's a feature to allow easier testing. The thing devmode is for.

heya, great mod. i been trying to remove the super annoying circle around the natchegesang and it seems beyond my limited abilities. i got as far as figuring out that changing the java file in scripts doesnt do jack, and i guess i would need to change the .class file inside the java library... but i cant even read the file, never mind recompile it into something that wont just crash. i understand the purpose for it, just isnt worth cluttering up the view to me. downloaded and tried something called 'eclipse' to see if i could work on it with that, but it just claims the its corrupted.

at a total loss here, but kinda really want to get rid of that ring

Start learning java then

I disabled Station Construction and observed no immediate effects - the bases remain after destroying them in battle and/or saturation bombardment. Any method of dealing with this the hard way, like through the console mod perhaps?

Disabling sieges during a playthrough is sadly not an option.

If boggled breaks how stations work then there's nothing to be done there.

again, not my problem when other mods break it
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111