Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104204 times)

deaxsa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.14c
« Reply #375 on: February 22, 2020, 12:00:44 PM »

How do I decrease the max fleet size of LI siege events by about 70%? When every third core system is gated by 4 fleets with 8 or 12 battleships and their entourage... it's too much. Also, muh immersion - how the *** are they paying for so much???. Also, the settings file you created only affects on/off (and no clue if it works in ongoing games). If you could tone it down, or allow us to tone it down ourselves, either by lowering the max number of ongoing sieges to like, 3, (so it's still a really big deal, but not common), or making it much less threatening so that merchant runs are not literally life or death from Culann to Jangala: anything other than endgame fleets simply can't compete. I like the idea but the execution is flawed. Or even let extortion/bribery be a thing: parasites cannot kill their host or they die themselves.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 22, 2020, 01:01:34 PM »

Are you on the latest version? That particular crash should be fixed in that. If you are on 14c, though, I'll have to take a second look at it

that appears to have been the issue. mustve overlooked that in the version checker. thanks!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 22, 2020, 02:25:53 PM »

How do I decrease the max fleet size of LI siege events by about 70%? When every third core system is gated by 4 fleets with 8 or 12 battleships and their entourage... it's too much. Also, muh immersion - how the *** are they paying for so much???. Also, the settings file you created only affects on/off (and no clue if it works in ongoing games). If you could tone it down, or allow us to tone it down ourselves, either by lowering the max number of ongoing sieges to like, 3, (so it's still a really big deal, but not common), or making it much less threatening so that merchant runs are not literally life or death from Culann to Jangala: anything other than endgame fleets simply can't compete. I like the idea but the execution is flawed. Or even let extortion/bribery be a thing: parasites cannot kill their host or they die themselves.

The values for Legio sieges are still something I'm tuning. I lowered the number and size of fleets in the last patch already. Will adjust further based on collected feedback.

I might add some more customization to the config file down the line, too, but for now it's still very basic.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #378 on: February 23, 2020, 11:31:09 AM »

It's a minor thing, but the Bungalow could use a slight reduction to base cost (perhaps to around 95k.) This would allow it to act as a cheaper albeit slightly inferior alternative to the Mora, where as currently it seems to serve no real purpose. Between 90-100k seems about in line with many of the low tech, outdated light cruiser designs, and somewhere in that range would seem appropriate for the Bungalow.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

deaxsa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 23, 2020, 12:06:46 PM »

The values for Legio sieges are still something I'm tuning. I lowered the number and size of fleets in the last patch already. Will adjust further based on collected feedback.

I might add some more customization to the config file down the line, too, but for now it's still very basic.

Now, keep in mind that I have increased max fleet size to 50 so if you're playing on vanilla sizes it may be different. But yeah, there's usually at least three of these:

Spoiler
[close]

edit:

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 08:04:35 AM by deaxsa »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.14d
« Reply #380 on: February 28, 2020, 02:53:32 AM »

New update with more Legio Siege tweaks. Disabling them in settings will also suspend the spawning of new bases in existing saves now.

Save compatible

Changelog:
Spoiler
0.3.14d
Additions:
- Added Kriegsmesser Torpedo Launcher
- Added Dolch MRM Launcher

Changes:
- Further tweaks to Legio Siege fleet sizes
- Legio bases should now properly time out eventually

Fixes:
- Fixed Vund-pattern Autoforge being nonfunctional on some ships
- Fixed Adlerauge Array not affecting Regalia with the Silberherz Subcore hullmod
- Fixed hidden derelicts not always spawning properly
- Fixed Traumtänzer being included in the Nachtgesang BP package

[close]

fu12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 28, 2020, 05:37:40 AM »

So what exactly is the new regalia faction supposed to do? Or are we not supposed to be able to access those bps? I may or may not have cheatyfaced them.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:40:51 AM by fu12 »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 28, 2020, 06:44:43 AM »

It's a mystery

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 28, 2020, 08:42:21 AM »

Just a question but have you ever considered changing your Red Guard skins too match the skins added by other mods and the OG varya RG ships?

Personally I think your Black/Red with three gold stars skins are nicer but they contrast with everyone elses full red skins.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 28, 2020, 09:16:34 AM »

no

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 28, 2020, 11:14:22 AM »

That's fair. I suppose Shadowyards does have unique skins too. I just wondered whether the Commies were supposed to have an over-arching theme or what.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 28, 2020, 11:16:42 AM »

They are meant to be pretty ragtag iirc. Having non-uniform liveries is actually thematic for them

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 28, 2020, 11:24:52 AM »

That pretty much satisfies my kinda sorta critic with the miss-matched liveries tbh. If thematically they're supposed to be like that, that's cool. I'll also say I find it quite interesting how a bunch of what seemed to be sorta memey Varya Sector sub-factions have actually went on to become properly interesting factions with increasingly full rosters in their own rights.

Have you ever considered adding any of your ships to the other factions?

Also, what is your end-game with Legio Sieges? Right now, in my games, they seem strong with only the more heavily fortified Core Worlds able to clear them out. Are you aiming to tweak them to be weaker or is your aim for them to be that capable?

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 29, 2020, 01:29:17 AM »

still at 3.14c the stations still dont go boom unless I probably have a quest active for that station... yes even with the console kill command

Strawman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 29, 2020, 04:10:09 AM »

Wonderful mod, renewed my interest in the game in tandem with Nex and Vayra's after a long absence. Please don't stop doing what you're doing.

I just wanted to ask where you can find the stock Hresvelgr ingame. I've been flitting between Hegemony, Persean League and Independent markets for ages trying to find one up for grabs but to no avail. I want one to replace the GH Legion I picked up; as despite the beautiful colour scheme and faction variance on it, I'm tired of my cautious carrier officer spamming the burn drive at every opportunity (I.e fleet orders to move or follow, charging point blank with medium and large mounts rated at 1500+ range) and either getting shredded or ramming into the rest of my fleet. I scavenged a LI Hresvelgr, thoroughly enjoyed it, sold it, and am now deeply regretting it. Are the stock hulls just super rare on markets? Is there an obtainable BP out there so as to build my own?

Side note: I am deeply in love with the Ristreza, and its variant (and by extension all GH weaponry and LPCs). The blend of ivory white, red trails and golden energies. The melding of shape, style and combat of both broadside cruiser and mega-artillery. I'd go so far as to say that it's my favourite ship to date, out of either of vanilla and several mods. If you get the time and inspiration, I beseech you, please make more GH-unique hull designs akin to this one, it's a masterpiece in my eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 111