Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104224 times)

smithtrlane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.9b - The Legio arrived and got their fixes
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2019, 05:17:46 AM »

Guess I should hire a QA department.

Maybe you'd be better off with a PR department...

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2019, 05:23:49 AM »

Cute.

Look. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings in however way it happened. Yes, it's your baby your mod etc. But if you can't take a single hint of criticism (with suggestions to boot) without spluttering out sarcasm and snarky shittitude, there is no way anyone would QA for you. Paid or otherwise.

And I'll be honest. I like finding bugs and chatting about balance. But that attitude is exactly half the reason why people don't post bugs/crashes (they don't wanna deal with people like that). The other half is genuine laziness.

Now, back on track with your mod. Did you look at my edit in my previous post? About the unlisted faction getting a rep boost?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2019, 06:14:31 AM »

Maybe you'd be better off with a PR department...

Why would I give a ***? Not like you people pay me for my work.

Look. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings in however way it happened. Yes, it's your baby your mod etc. But if you can't take a single hint of criticism (with suggestions to boot) without spluttering out sarcasm and snarky shittitude, there is no way anyone would QA for you. Paid or otherwise.

I don't need useless "suggestion" for how to change my stuff from people who have no idea what the design intentions for the things I make are.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:17:23 AM by Nia Tahl »
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

smithtrlane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2019, 06:30:13 AM »

Why would I give a ***? Not like you people pay me for my work.

From the Forum Rules and Guidelines: "Treat other users of the the Fractal Softworks forum with respect, whether or not they are doing the same. Don't rise to provocation..."

But maybe you think the rules don't apply to you, since it's not the first time you display this kind of animosity for seemingly no reason.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 29, 2019, 06:33:29 AM »

k

Inverness

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.9 - The Legio arrives
« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2019, 04:01:08 PM »

Not my fault you don't understand what the word "requires" means
I did not see an advisement in the first post or change log that I shouldn't update this mod unless I make a new save. If that is the case I would like some clarification there.
Requires a new save due to campaign additions.
I'm assuming Nia probably means that you require starting an entirely new and fresh campaign.  That's what I did.
This post was not on the front page so I didn't see it.

I started the game, saw a notification from Version Checker, opened the thread OP, checked the change log for any relevant information, and downloaded the update. Nothing on the front page said I should avoid updating unless I started a new game.

I think it's pretty reasonable to miss a warning at the bottom of page 15 about a new update.

In any case, I figured out how to fix the crash so there is no longer an issue.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:09:14 PM by Inverness »

fir3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2019, 02:27:58 AM »

Hey, I've lurked a long time.

Just wanted to say thanks for this amazing mod!

I love the aesthetics of the weapons, they fit across many hulls in many mods and are very reliable weapons!

Amazing attention to detail with the ships as well!

Some people never see their critiques as personal because they've never created a piece of art they felt attached to and this mod is a work of art in a field of amazing creativity going on in starsector mods!

keep up the great work at your own pace, even if you stopped today i would be more then satisfied with this mod.

cheers, thanks!

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2019, 09:05:31 AM »

Hey, I'm still on 0.3.7 (trying to make a game last for once) but Talhan really jumped to must have mod for all playtrought here.

Beautifull ships, and overall balance seems fine (thought i only have anecdotal experience on an out-of-date version)

I became enamored with the Nibelung-class battleship since it was the first (and only for a long time) capital blueprint I found in this playthrought. It look so good and feel a bit better to use than the conquest. Pirate capital are fun addition too (if a little lore-silly)

I would have used more talhan weapons, but I never droped the blueprint and I feel bad raiding independents.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2019, 11:43:29 AM »

The latest version should somewhat explain where those pirate capitals come from, lore-wise.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2019, 12:04:41 PM »

New Izanami bug, sorry. It will sometimes not slow down time for the player, just insta-zoom when you use the ship system. I think it happens when you press the key to activate it, and press it again while still active.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2019, 03:05:44 PM »

New Izanami bug, sorry. It will sometimes not slow down time for the player, just insta-zoom when you use the ship system. I think it happens when you press the key to activate it, and press it again while still active.

No, it doesn't

I've never seen this occur nor has anyone ever reported it. Unless you can tell me how to reproduce it, I can't do anything about that.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 03:09:00 PM by Nia Tahl »

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2019, 02:30:26 PM »

Hello!  Been using the mod for a while and the weapons are very fun.  But I can't seem to find some of the ships that come with the pack, especially the top tier pirate vessels.  Are they just a very rare spawned blueprint or do they appear over time or something?  I'm kinda confused since I would expect that the pirate capitals would just spawn in the pirate's raiding fleets.  Some ships I find all the time like Kodais and the hunter killers and the occasional pirate castigator, but I can never seem to find most of the ships. 

Are the rarity levels of some of these ships like super low, because I've got 43 mods currently installed and all those extra ships might be crowding them out? (possibly)??  I've played for more than a hundred hours without seeing a single top tier capital so idk whats going on.

Anyway, I've loved every ship I've been able to get and appreciate the work you put into this!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »

Legio Infernalis ships are only rarely found in normal pirate fleets, but can be found commonly in actual Legio Infernalis fleets now.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.9c
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2019, 02:51:19 AM »

Here's another small update tweaking a couple things

Changelog:
Spoiler
0.3.9c
Changes:
- Assault Mode tweaks
   - dps boost increased to 100%
   - cooldown increased to 15s
- Increased Ristreza DP from 45 to 50
- Gleipnir reworked
- Halved mobility bonus on Holy Furor system (Vale)
- Various tweaks to various visual effects
- Removed Kassadari Engineering from all fighters, buffed speed to compensate
- Added ammofeed system to Acastus
- Reduced shield hp on Acastus from 500 to 300
- Increased OP cost of Acastus wing from 10 to 12

[close]

Buyobae

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.9c
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2019, 04:49:14 AM »

Hey Nia,

Firstly, thanks for making the mod, I enjoy it immensely!

I just want to report that I have found an interesting way to break the balance.

The Karion Seeker Battery is a very fun weapon to use, and it seems to do nothing much but suppression, which is it's job, on a small scale.

However, if you try to fit every possible missile slots in your fleet (In my case, 3 Caps, 8 Cruisers on Normal setting) with the thing, oh boy, enemies' flux are over-stressed in seconds, EMP renders almost every ship with downed shield useless, smaller ships are eliminated as quick as Fighters, even the REDACTED is not so much of a threat now.

Anyhow, I know that my fleet is pretty late game already, and saying the weapon break the game might be an overstatement, but the fact remains that I can eliminate things much easier than before with the same fleet that used other Kassadari Weapons.

I understand that you don't have much time to look into every small balance detail that the player suggested, and if this is in your creative vision then I totally respect that decision, please feel free to ignore this post if that is the case.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 111