Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104472 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.9 - The Legio arrives
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2019, 11:00:42 AM »

Reuploaded with some small fixes. Redownload if you haven't started a campaign with 0.3.9 yet. Otherwise not really needed.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »

- Removed EMP damage from Magaera
As much as I hate to admit it, the new Porphyrion may also need a slight nerf. Maybe no EMP, or an even higher point/flux cost. I am using many mods, and it is quite unbeatable for DPS at range on ships that can handle the flux.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »

Second hotfix!

Should fix an issue with the Legio Infernalis hating itself. Will require a new save to apply the fix, sorry for that.

edit: download link went up a bit late. Make sure you have 0.3.9a
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:09:51 PM by Nia Tahl »

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.9a - The Legio arrives
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2019, 04:29:28 PM »

Maybe I'm mistaken and/or there's a special mechanic in place, but it seems that the new Legio Infernalis faction doesn't work with Random Core Worlds.

There also seems to be no way to join the faction from the faction start options. (I'm assuming this is probably intentional.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 04:56:56 PM by Daidez »

Inverness

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2019, 06:23:52 PM »

I'm now getting a crash after updating this. Based on your change log mentioning Legio Infenalis I assume it has to do with this mod even though it happens within Vayra's Sector code, but I haven't updated that since I installed it a month ago and I haven't had an issue.

It is happening when approaching what I assume must be the location, in-system, of the pirate base that is threatening one of my colonies:
Code
242212 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.VayraModPlugin  - Applying admin Captain Gamal Claudette to market Legio InfernalisRaider Base
242214 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel  - Added raider base in [Karkara Star System], tier: TIER_5_3MODULE
242217 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel  - Spawned patrol fleet [legio armada] from raider base Wendel Staging Point
242217 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel  - updating target
242217 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Seeking_Answers.ogg]
242221 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [expanse.ogg]
242482 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel.pickTarget(VayraRaiderBaseIntel.java:1249)
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel.updateTarget(VayraRaiderBaseIntel.java:1173)
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel.<init>(VayraRaiderBaseIntel.java:257)
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseManager.createEvent(VayraRaiderBaseManager.java:312)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseEventManager.advance(BaseEventManager.java:141)
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseManager.advance(VayraRaiderBaseManager.java:135)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2019, 08:02:59 PM »

Vayra will have to figure that one out since it's her code that's crashing. It's been reported, though, so I'll fix it if something in my configuration is causing it.

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2019, 08:03:35 PM »

I'm now getting a crash after updating this. Based on your change log mentioning Legio Infenalis I assume it has to do with this mod even though it happens within Vayra's Sector code, but I haven't updated that since I installed it a month ago and I haven't had an issue.

It is happening when approaching what I assume must be the location, in-system, of the pirate base that is threatening one of my colonies:
Spoiler
Code
242212 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.VayraModPlugin  - Applying admin Captain Gamal Claudette to market Legio InfernalisRaider Base
242214 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel  - Added raider base in [Karkara Star System], tier: TIER_5_3MODULE
242217 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel  - Spawned patrol fleet [legio armada] from raider base Wendel Staging Point
242217 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel  - updating target
242217 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Seeking_Answers.ogg]
242482 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel.pickTarget(VayraRaiderBaseIntel.java:1249)
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel.updateTarget(VayraRaiderBaseIntel.java:1173)
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel.<init>(VayraRaiderBaseIntel.java:257)
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseManager.createEvent(VayraRaiderBaseManager.java:312)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseEventManager.advance(BaseEventManager.java:141)
at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseManager.advance(VayraRaiderBaseManager.java:135)
[close]
Are you using a fresh save after updating?  The update requires a new save.

Reens

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2019, 10:41:05 PM »

Small bug with the Izanami (super ship) start - It's equipped with 144/140 OP.

Inverness

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2019, 05:46:20 PM »

Spoiler
Code
[close]
Requiring a new save for new features to activate is one thing, saying that updating without making a new save will cause problems in the existing save is another.

I did not see an advisement in the first post or change log that I shouldn't update this mod unless I make a new save. If that is the case I would like some clarification there.

Regardless, the cause of the crash is the new Legio Infernalis faction having no negative relationships with any existing factions. This causes the raid target selection logic to fail because of the lack of factions with a negative relationship. I was able to avoid the crash by using the console to set the faction relationship between them and the Hegemony to -10. This resulted in at least one valid target market so there was no crash.

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2019, 11:46:31 PM »

Hey there, love the mod.

The LI (legio infernalis) is a bit buggy (as mentioned regarding their faction with nexerelin mod and random core worlds).

I dont think Kassadar spawns in that mode either.

And the new missile battery for the GH is way too OP. Needs to be nerfed in any 2-3 of these categories:

1) No emp
2) Massive CD increase
3) Massive flux increase
4) Less projectiles
5) Lower speed
6) Make it large ordinance only, increase cost to 25-30
7) Decrease range to 1000

As if you fit them onto all your ships as medium ordinances. You steamroll everything so hard, it's rather sad.

I'd personally say "lower projectile speed (15-20%), increase CD by 15-30s. And make it large ordinance and decrease range to 1000"
As the way I see it, they are incredible for making any fast frigate stop dead in space. Since the missiles tend to go in random directions sometimes, and then head for the back of the ship, for the engines.

Which would be understandable for large capital ships to want and need. And they also tend to disable larger targets weapons pretty nicely too (so all around a decent set of re-usable missiles).
But they are so strong, and cost so little to put on your ship it's just OP.

I love your mod otherwise. I am getting a lot of errors in my log, and can post it if you'd like. But most likely they are cross mod problems.

Keep up the good work!
The only faction I don't steamroll are the [redacted]. And that's because they tend to specialize in anti-air/missile combat. Everything else just stops flying/shooting

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2019, 12:19:05 AM »

I did not see an advisement in the first post or change log that I shouldn't update this mod unless I make a new save. If that is the case I would like some clarification there.
Requires a new save due to campaign additions.

I'm assuming Nia probably means that you require starting an entirely new and fresh campaign.  That's what I did.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2019, 04:18:08 AM »

Hey there, love the mod.

The LI (legio infernalis) is a bit buggy (as mentioned regarding their faction with nexerelin mod and random core worlds).

I dont think Kassadar spawns in that mode either.

And the new missile battery for the GH is way too OP. Needs to be nerfed in any 2-3 of these categories:

1) No emp
2) Massive CD increase
3) Massive flux increase
4) Less projectiles
5) Lower speed
6) Make it large ordinance only, increase cost to 25-30
7) Decrease range to 1000

As if you fit them onto all your ships as medium ordinances. You steamroll everything so hard, it's rather sad.

I'd personally say "lower projectile speed (15-20%), increase CD by 15-30s. And make it large ordinance and decrease range to 1000"
As the way I see it, they are incredible for making any fast frigate stop dead in space. Since the missiles tend to go in random directions sometimes, and then head for the back of the ship, for the engines.

Which would be understandable for large capital ships to want and need. And they also tend to disable larger targets weapons pretty nicely too (so all around a decent set of re-usable missiles).
But they are so strong, and cost so little to put on your ship it's just OP.

I love your mod otherwise. I am getting a lot of errors in my log, and can post it if you'd like. But most likely they are cross mod problems.

Keep up the good work!
The only faction I don't steamroll are the [redacted]. And that's because they tend to specialize in anti-air/missile combat. Everything else just stops flying/shooting

Just leave the balancing to me, thanks, bye

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2019, 04:31:18 AM »

Spoiler
Code
[close]
Requiring a new save for new features to activate is one thing, saying that updating without making a new save will cause problems in the existing save is another.

Regardless, the cause of the crash is the new Legio Infernalis faction having no negative relationships with any existing factions. This causes the raid target selection logic to fail because of the lack of factions with a negative relationship. I was able to avoid the crash by using the console to set the faction relationship between them and the Hegemony to -10. This resulted in at least one valid target market so there was no crash.

Not my fault you don't understand what the word "requires" means

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2019, 04:49:38 AM »

Just leave the balancing to me, thanks, bye

Your mod, you balance it as you see fit. And yes it can take several iterations of balancing and testing.

Just throwing my 2 cents out there since that weapon seriously feels like you slapped it together then tested it on [redacted] and called it good. Without taking skills or other enemies into consideration.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of it and it is gorgeous to look at and watch in-action. It's just too strong is all.

Edit: Oh, and you can trade with kassadar (even tho the planet is listed as "independent") but when you buy enough from the "not blackmarket" the great houses get a reputation boost. But they are not a listed faction. Is that intentional?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:58:30 AM by I_is_nublet »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.9b - The Legio arrived and got their fixes
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2019, 04:53:30 AM »

Oh look, an update which amongst other things includes a nerf for the Karion Battery. Almost as if I had been working on that already. Crazy, isn't it?

Just throwing my 2 cents out there since that weapon seriously feels like you slapped it together then tested it on [redacted] and called it good. Without taking skills or other enemies into consideration.

Wow, that almost sounds like I don't have an infinite amount of free time to test every new piece of content for hours in a large content update. Guess I should hire a QA department.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 111