Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.2.0 - 03/03/19  (Read 167212 times)

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.2.0 - 03/03/19
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2020, 07:50:27 AM »

I hope this mod gets updated someday. Truly brings a unique mechanic, and with so many mod factions, you end up missing many blueprints.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2020, 02:39:50 PM »

Finally an alternative to having to spam colonies onto every worthless planet that happens to have ruins hoping to find that ONE rare blueprint!

EatLikeAnOuroboros

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2020, 03:17:17 AM »

Is there a way to get the agent to spawn with console commands? I'm at cycle 230 and still can't get one to spawn.

rui9606

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2020, 07:30:49 AM »

Maybe consider have the agent stationed on a fixed location? While the mod is superb, finding this little s%^* is just way too hard, the first time I find him I have no money, and I cannot find him the second time around ::)(not even with console teleportation).  Pls just consider letting him stay put.  :-\

maxi1.1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2020, 10:25:59 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Feedback: I really like your mod. The idea behind it is cool. It also fits the game lore nicely. The in game execution is good. There are some things that could be improved but, other users have already mentioned most of what I could think of in terms of bugs or improvements.

Suggestion: Upon first meeting, the recruiter offers the player a small comm device. When the player is ready, he can activate the comm device to talk to the agent and pay the fee. This would make it easier to join after first contact. No more hopping the universe trying to find the one bar he currently is at.

Bug 1: If I start a new a game with the mod enabled, the recruiter appears at the first bar i visit. He can later be found for about 2 or 3 months but then completely disappears.

Workaround: Start the game without the mod. Then, when you have the 1 Million credit entry fee and wish to begin, add the mod to your existing game. The recruiter will appear at the first bar your visit. I did this a few hours earlier and it worked well. 

Potential Bug 2: After finishing the first mission all of the other agents offer no new contracts. Several months have passed. Always just "We are working on getting some new intel, please wait". Is this normal?

Summary: Please keep developing this mod. It is fun, helpful and adds more options to the game. More options are always great. If people don't like this particular one, they can just decide not use it. Please do not be discouraged!

fellabrando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2020, 12:53:11 PM »

Can we just be told how to activate the mission in console or the mod files?

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2021, 06:20:55 PM »

I like this mod, but jesus, finding the agent can be frustrating sometimes.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2021, 06:44:48 PM »

For everyone who can't find an agent, here is a workaround. You'll need Console Commands installed.

Copy and paste the following command into the console (the entire thing) and hit enter:
runcode import com.fs.starfarer.api.Global;
import org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.ids.VesperonTags;
import org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.VesperonIntelManager;
VesperonIntelManager manager = (VesperonIntelManager)Global.getSector().getMemory().get(VesperonTags.KEY_MANAGER_INSTANCE);
manager.setPlayerVesperonMember(true);
manager.distributeMembershipAgents();

This will grant you membership and allow you to talk to the mission agents. It doesn't take any money, but it also won't give you a free cache like the initial membership event; you'll have to pay for them normally.

(if this is bad etiquette, I'll remove it, but this seems to be a recurring issue and it's been two years since the last update.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 06:49:53 PM by theDragn »

DerkaDur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2021, 07:22:59 PM »

Just tried it and it does in-fact work, with the caveats you listed as well. Thanks, now I don't have to wait 10 in game years for the agent to pop up randomly

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2021, 11:43:08 PM »

is this mod compatible with 0.91a and will you be updating this any further? it's a splendid solution to my exploring issues.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
  • Are you hiding the blueprints under your farms?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2021, 11:29:11 AM »

is this mod compatible with 0.91a and will you be updating this any further? it's a splendid solution to my exploring issues.
It's compatible with 0.9.1. If you read through the latest posts you'll get a rough understanding of what issues you might come across.

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
  • Are you hiding the blueprints under your farms?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2021, 12:01:01 PM »

So, I was able to complete a Level 1 mission. Anything higher than a Level 1 will result in the error "Illegal Argument Exception: n must be positive" in the dialogue screen withe Vesperon representative, after paying for the information.

This error doesn't crash the game, no CTD. The game continues, just the location of higher level cache not reveled.
I'm having this same issue. Any level missions give the same exception in the dialogue. I cannot figure out what this n is referring to, the source code does not use n as a variable anywhere. I'm guessing this is an exception thrown from the starfarer API, meaning that there's a variable messing up at some point during the intel gen process.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]