Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.2.0 - 03/03/19  (Read 167204 times)

Straticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.2.0 - 03/03/19
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »

Work on this is continuing, but I won't be releasing a hotfix until my current round of changes is done.

Here's the confirmed changelog:
  • Officerless fleets - this has been reworked so that Remnant fleets, and automated drone fleets have some officers (or AI ancillae)
  • Bar encounter never appearing - this does still work, but from testing I've noticed that either a change between 0.9 and 0.9.1, or the 'priority' flagged bar events added by lots of other mods seem to drown it out most of the time. I've added the priority flag to this event to make it almost certain to appear, and this seems to do the trick. (The whole way of interacting with the mod is subject to change in future)
  • No Vesperon in Nex custom scenarios - I've made the rep also appear in player colonies to account for the Independents not having any markets

Version 2 should generally address the gameyness of what I've implemented so far - the current version's encounters basically occur in a gameplay vacuum, which makes it too easy, and I'm not satisfied with that. Stay tuned ;D

Keld_Rhygar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2019, 04:51:06 PM »

That update sounds good, +1 for bar encounter fix

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2019, 07:12:32 AM »

Yeah, I'm really looking forwards to this update too, haven't had the bar event drop for me either. Cycle 222, checked every independent world I came across, even did the same as other people and console commanded to every independent world in a single day.  Still haven't gotten it to drop. I have so much money and nothing to spend it on :( Wish there was a way to force it too. My previous save had it work fine, now it just won't spawn at all, which is a shame as I really liked this mechanic.

Don't suppose there's an easy line of code to change in the files to add that priority flag? I hope it's not just a mod conflict...

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2019, 07:53:42 AM »

Yeah, I'm really looking forwards to this update too, haven't had the bar event drop for me either. Cycle 222, checked every independent world I came across, even did the same as other people and console commanded to every independent world in a single day.  Still haven't gotten it to drop. I have so much money and nothing to spend it on :( Wish there was a way to force it too. My previous save had it work fine, now it just won't spawn at all, which is a shame as I really liked this mechanic.

Don't suppose there's an easy line of code to change in the files to add that priority flag? I hope it's not just a mod conflict...

Not that I found. If you start a new game, agent will spawn with the initial spawns but then vanishes when he's supposed to be moving to another market, so if you want to guarantee it on next playthrough:

1. Pause game immediately after new game start.
2. Console command yourself 1 million money and 20 prisoners.
3. Repatriate prisoners at independent market for max standing.
4. Teleport between indy markets until you find the bar event.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2019, 08:01:52 AM »

Not that I found. If you start a new game, agent will spawn with the initial spawns but then vanishes when he's supposed to be moving to another market, so if you want to guarantee it on next playthrough:

1. Pause game immediately after new game start.
2. Console command yourself 1 million money and 20 prisoners.
3. Repatriate prisoners at independent market for max standing.
4. Teleport between indy markets until you find the bar event.

Probably not going to start a new game any time soon unfortunately, kinda doing real well on the current one, but I'll keep that in mind for next time. Hopefully by then it will have updated and this will no longer be necessary though...

Rafs

• Ensign
  • Metafalica is love, Metafalica is life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2019, 01:19:58 PM »

Can't wait for the update to drop, current playthrough exploring about the last 10% of the galaxy, and I am still missing tons of BPs, can't wait until the update so I can start a new game and satiate my hunger for tech.

One question tough, would this be safe to add after starting a game?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:38:58 AM by Rafs »

NullType

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2019, 06:38:58 AM »

I'm keenly interested in this mod for 0.9.1, but had a question of curiousity spawned from reading the... hectic beginnings.
I'm totally interested in getting the unobtainables as BPs via this mods methods, are there changes I could make to the mod on my end to re-enable that behavior?
Either way, keep it up, Straticus!

Thebiggaffeur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2020, 01:56:00 PM »

Hey there !
I was playing with this mod and a ton of others (including nexerelin and many faction mods) and I never triggered the encounter event so I kinda forgot about it, until recently where I conquered more than 95 % of the inhabited planets and started invading independent worlds. Obviously I had a bad standing with them, but I finally triggered the encounter event. I couldn't finish it though, as my standing was too low. So I finished invading all independent worlds but gave them a very small one to keep the faction alive. After this, I tried looking for the contact; but frequently, when I entered the bar, there was an error (Normal text of a bar then NullPointerException : null and no dialog choice, no solution but to alt+F4). Now why do I talk about it here you ask ? Because in the logs, there was this error :
183087 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.VesperonMembership BarEvent.setRepMarkets(VesperonMembershipBarEvent.java:106)
   at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.VesperonMembership BarEvent.shouldShowAtMarket(VesperonMembershipBarEvent.java:60)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD.showOptions(BarCMD.java:111)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD.execute(BarCMD.java:85)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:98)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:176)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:208)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyone with the same problem/a solution/a fix ? I can give the mods list if needed.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2020, 08:25:20 PM »

got an issue as well where the bar event triggers on bars on your starting planet and you get locked int he bar because there is no option to leave

Spoiler
1015553 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.VesperonMembership BarEvent.setRepMarkets(VesperonMembershipBarEvent.java:106)
   at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.VesperonMembership BarEvent.shouldShowAtMarket(VesperonMembershipBarEvent.java:60)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD.showOptions(BarCMD.java:111)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD.execute(BarCMD.java:85)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:98)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:176)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:208)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

happened twice on a nexerelin random sector save
there doesnt seem to be any issue in corvus though

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2020, 08:24:44 PM »

Not seeing the Bar Encounter either, despite having relationship with independents at 44
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Shadowkiller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2020, 06:03:00 PM »

Does this mod affect spawn rates of blueprints in vanilla content? im playing with grand sector and the first few systems i entered i got a pristine nanoforge and multiple battleship blueprints from things like supply caches.

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2020, 03:25:59 PM »

Sorry, I might be stupid, but in days of gameplay I don't think I've even touched this mod's content. Can anyone point me to how/where to actually start it?

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2020, 04:17:02 AM »

If your relationship with the independents is 100/100 you can find am official in independent stations , who will ask for 1.000.000 credits.
if you pay , you can contact vesperon officials to get locations of valueable places ( blueprints) .
But be warned , some of those are pretty good guarded , be carefull..l.

Super Neko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2020, 02:11:47 PM »

I have successfully made contact with the recruiter, paid the membership and complete the first mission. Now Vesperon representatives showed up in Independent worlds.

However, I'm getting the following error, after requesting information for new site and paying for the information.

"Illegal Argument Exception: n must be positive"

Nothing shows up in the Intel screens either.

Super Neko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2020, 11:21:27 AM »

So, I was able to complete a Level 1 mission. Anything higher than a Level 1 will result in the error "Illegal Argument Exception: n must be positive" in the dialogue screen withe Vesperon representative, after paying for the information.

This error doesn't crash the game, no CTD. The game continues, just the location of higher level cache not reveled.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10