Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.2.0 - 03/03/19  (Read 167675 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.1.1 - 21/01/19
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2019, 12:10:55 AM »

Yep, I'm glad to see that now this mod works exactly like what the OP described initially, rather than being an unintentional cheat and causing unsolvable incompatibilities. Now it can be tweaked by everyone, including users, to provide the experience they want out of it.

I already prepared the whitelists for my all mods with everything but the Diable Avionics IBB, but with the incoming Tournament I'd rather hold on updqting them at least until the first round is done rather than risking messing up something.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 05:19:08 AM by Tartiflette »

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2019, 12:58:43 AM »

Look like Vesperon doesn't like Cabal from the Underworld. Game freeze and crash the moment Cabal touch me. This is tested without any other mods aside from those library mods.

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2019, 04:36:49 AM »

All is well what ends well, as they say.
On the left half of the Bell curve

Straticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2019, 08:42:29 AM »

Look like Vesperon doesn't like Cabal from the Underworld. Game freeze and crash the moment Cabal touch me. This is tested without any other mods aside from those library mods.

I've got Underworld installed here (albeit with a lot of other stuff too, including Nex) and haven't had this problem. I can't say it's not Vesperon that's responsible though, so you can send me your affected save if you'd like me to have a look...

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2019, 01:49:56 PM »

I quite like the idea of this mod. Sylphon and Tahlan Shipworks have both been updated with support for it. Could see this having a nice bit of potential for more intricate features, like maybe the option to have a category for high-value blueprints that can be looted from special locations with powerful defenses or the like or possibly the options to have locations where you can find rare unique ships in pristine condition. I'd be quite happy to support such features.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2019, 02:45:52 PM »

Hey, just a note:

Code
97798 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [junk_pirates_hammer] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [junk_pirates_hammer] not found!
    at com.fs.starfarer.loading.do.super(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.VesperonIntelManager.getKnownBlueprintsForFaction(VesperonIntelManager.java:318)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.VesperonIntelManager.<init>(VesperonIntelManager.java:106)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.VesperonIntelManager.getInstance(VesperonIntelManager.java:83)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.VesperonIntelManager.getInstance(VesperonIntelManager.java:76)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.VesperonLifecyclePlugin.onGameLoad(VesperonLifecyclePlugin.java:32)

While 1.1.1 removed the "all blueprints known by any faction" behavior, it still checks them, which throws an NPE and crashes if any faction knows a hull spec that doesn't exist (which would normally be crash-safe). You may want to add a whitelist or blacklist for factions that prevents it from scanning ones not meant to be checked, on top of the existing whitelist for hulls/weapons/wings. Or just throw a null check in there at the appropriate place. :)

It should be noted that as a result of this, the latest version of Kadur Remnant is incompatible with Vesperon... if you do NOT also have Junk Pirates. Yeah, it's weird.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:13:33 PM by Vayra »
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2019, 08:59:48 PM »

I've got Underworld installed here (albeit with a lot of other stuff too, including Nex) and haven't had this problem. I can't say it's not Vesperon that's responsible though, so you can send me your affected save if you'd like me to have a look...

My apology, Starticus. I decided to clean both game and mod files. Everything is in working order now  :-\

Straticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2019, 12:45:52 AM »

Hey, just a note:

Code
97798 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [junk_pirates_hammer] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [junk_pirates_hammer] not found!
    at com.fs.starfarer.loading.do.super(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.VesperonIntelManager.getKnownBlueprintsForFaction(VesperonIntelManager.java:318)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.VesperonIntelManager.<init>(VesperonIntelManager.java:106)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.VesperonIntelManager.getInstance(VesperonIntelManager.java:83)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.VesperonIntelManager.getInstance(VesperonIntelManager.java:76)
    at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.VesperonLifecyclePlugin.onGameLoad(VesperonLifecyclePlugin.java:32)

While 1.1.1 removed the "all blueprints known by any faction" behavior, it still checks them, which throws an NPE and crashes if any faction knows a hull spec that doesn't exist (which would normally be crash-safe). You may want to add a whitelist or blacklist for factions that prevents it from scanning ones not meant to be checked, on top of the existing whitelist for hulls/weapons/wings. Or just throw a null check in there at the appropriate place. :)

It should be noted that as a result of this, the latest version of Kadur Remnant is incompatible with Vesperon... if you do NOT also have Junk Pirates. Yeah, it's weird.

That’s really helpful, thanks! I’ll roll out a fix as soon as I can.

Straticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.1.2 - 21/01/19
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2019, 04:05:04 PM »

This one should prevent issues with Kadur when Junk Pirates is not enabled, and more generally for any mod including content from others.

Code
v1.1.2
---

- Fixed crash on referenced ships/weapons/fighters not existing

Download v1.1.2

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.1.2 - 24/01/19
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2019, 11:35:05 PM »

Someone, tell me how to find this [REDACTED], i playing 3 campaing atempt and current atempt on cycle 215. And i still not found this stupid quest in bar!

Fully surveyed sector, giant war fleet, big colonyes and i still not found this quest! WAAAAGH!!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:36:45 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2019, 04:42:54 AM »

Someone, tell me how to find this [REDACTED], i playing 3 campaing atempt and current atempt on cycle 215. And i still not found this stupid quest in bar!

Fully surveyed sector, giant war fleet, big colonyes and i still not found this quest! WAAAAGH!!!
Were you checking Independent markets when traveling?
The representative only appears in bars there.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Dezgard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2019, 06:27:18 AM »

I checked them all haha still never appeared, are there conditions other than just checking bars on independent worlds? money in wallet etc?

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2019, 09:30:16 AM »

I checked them all haha still never appeared, are there conditions other than just checking bars on independent worlds? money in wallet etc?

Representative moves to different market every 60 days, you also need a million of credits to buy a thing which gives you access to Vesperon services.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Dezgard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2019, 12:44:30 PM »

Representative moves to different market every 60 days, you also need a million of credits to buy a thing which gives you access to Vesperon services.

Little annoying hehe.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2019, 09:40:42 PM »

Little annoying hehe.

You can zip around with only 1 speedy ship on your fleet to find that bugger.

I'm wondering if Independent got smack around until they have only 1 market left would that a guaranteeing agent to be found there?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10