Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.2.0 - 03/03/19  (Read 167681 times)

Hobostabbins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.0.0 - 13/01/19
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2019, 01:00:39 PM »

I've been flying around trying to find the bar that has the features from this mod but I've been having no luck. I was hoping to find an answer somewhere in this thread but there's a lot of... shrapnel here. I'd love to hear where I should be looking.
Speak softly and field a surprisingly large carrier element.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2019, 02:17:29 PM »

I've been flying around trying to find the bar that has the features from this mod but I've been having no luck. I was hoping to find an answer somewhere in this thread but there's a lot of... shrapnel here. I'd love to hear where I should be looking.

I think the event spawns on random market, check bars on any independent market you'll come across, each time you get there.
You'll need 1 million credits to get a thing from that event, so go and get some of that sweet sweet space money.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2019, 03:16:44 PM »

I love story/lore based content!

Kudos for making a mod focused on that.  :)

Straticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2019, 10:59:42 AM »

Here's the whitelisting update - sorry I haven't had a chance to get it out before now. The main change for players is that this will remove consideration from all mod-added blueprints. I'll be asking mod makers to see if they'd be prepared to whitelist some of their content, however if you prefer the non-whitelist behaviour, where all blueprints can be made available then I'd advise you stick to the v1.0.0 version for the moment.

I believe this should be save-compatible with v1.0.0, but I might be wrong.

Code
v1.1.0
---

- Added whitelisting system for other mods to opt-in
    - Add to `data/config/vesperon_blueprints.json` to whitelist content
    - See example vanilla config file
- Whitelisted all (obtainable) vanilla blueprints
- Slightly optimised VesperonIntelManager to not load new JSON structs all the time
- Move the Vesperon rep around once every 60 days to make sure market decivs (et al) can't break the mod

Download v1.1.0

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.1.0 - 20/01/19
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2019, 06:13:58 PM »

Great update Straticus :)

Though you forgot to update the version number in your mod_info.json.

Straticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »

Doh, I’ll put out a hotfix for that later. Thanks Meso!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2019, 05:06:57 AM »

are you sure the wing IDs are correct in your vanilla blueprint list? Pretty sure you'd want the wing id rather than the individual fighter ids
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2019, 10:47:19 AM »

I think your mod is breaking spawns.

I originally posted here since I thought it was a Nexerelin issue : http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.msg242893#msg242893

It affected BB spawns for me at first, but after moving some mods and trying some fresh seeds I found that this time my blade breakers were fine but my remnant were broken.

To replicate the issue I disabled all mods, I loaded up just your mod, console commands and lazy lib and started a new game. If you do 'SpawnFleet Remnant 50' the spawn fails. If I remove your mod and try the same, the spawn succeeds.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2019, 12:06:49 PM »

Whitelisted a bunch of stuff last night for my next update - thanks so much for doing that. I left out a lot of the lower-end DME stuff because getting a lone Sevastopol blueprint in a concealed facility is like getting a single tube sock for Christmas.

It affected BB spawns for me at first, but after moving some mods and trying some fresh seeds I found that this time my blade breakers were fine but my remnant were broken.

Blade Breakers are terrible OP Mary Sue garbage, so their being broken is good and your game has been improved, since I literally designed them as a treasonous betrayal and an attack on player enjoyment, just to ruin your game. Some rando on a forum once said so! It must be true.

More seriously, I added a toggle for my random spawns, too, if you'd like a dev version in case this is partly my fault and until Straticus can take a look in his code, HMU by PM.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:28:20 PM by Soren »

Straticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2019, 01:38:22 PM »

Whitelisted a bunch of stuff last night for my next update - thanks so much for doing that. I left out a lot of the lower-end DME stuff because getting a lone Sevastopol blueprint in a concealed facility is like getting a single tube sock for Christmas.

Blade Breakers are terrible OP Mary Sue garbage, so their being broken is good and your game has been improved, since I literally designed them as a treasonous betrayal and an attack on player enjoyment, just to ruin your game. Some rando on a forum once said so! It must be true.

More seriously, I added a toggle for my random spawns, too, if you'd like a dev version in case this is partly my fault and until Straticus can take a look in his code, HMU by PM.

Thanks so much Soren - looking forward to some DME stuff appearing legitimately!

I think your mod is breaking spawns.

I originally posted here since I thought it was a Nexerelin issue : http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.msg242893#msg242893

To replicate the issue I disabled all mods, I loaded up just your mod, console commands and lazy lib and started a new game. If you do 'SpawnFleet Remnant 50' the spawn fails. If I remove your mod and try the same, the spawn succeeds.

If it's Vesperon that's caused that, sorry! Looks like I have a crash course in Starsector-style Occam's Razor to work out what could be causing this. (Spawning those in was one of the things I couldn't do on the fly with the standard Fleet APIs, so I had to be build my own - crappier - approximation of the FleetFactory.)

are you sure the wing IDs are correct in your vanilla blueprint list? Pretty sure you'd want the wing id rather than the individual fighter ids

You're right - another noob mistake on my part! I'll roll out the corrected list with the next update.

Straticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Vesperon Combine 1.1.1 - 21/01/19
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2019, 03:09:41 PM »

So yes, it was definitely Vesperon that borked up Remnant and BB spawns. It also explains why spawning them didn't work via FleetFactory in my own code. Note to future generations: Faction data Collections in the Starsector API are like live wires - don't play around with them unless you enjoy getting a nasty shock! :-[

I believe this should be save-compatible with previous versions, although I can't say whether it'll fix existing games if the spawns are already broken. It definitely fixes the issue Bishi raised though.

Code
v1.1.1
---

- Updated available vanilla blueprint whitelist to use fighter wing IDs, not fighter hull IDs
- Prevent Remnant and BB spawn breakage

Download v1.1.1

milkproducer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2019, 07:42:59 PM »

I understand why modders don't like this mod.
But some player do.
So...If you add a black list today, and another black list some other day, and another and another.....
Anything could left? why player subscribe this mod anymore?

So, can we keep the full function and just say this:

"If you don't like this mod, Don't subscribe it"

Just like a playable CONSOLE COMMAND, I didn't see anyone complain about CONSOLE COMMAND
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:50:53 PM by milkproducer »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2019, 08:59:28 PM »

I understand why modders don't like this mod.
But some player do.
So...If you add a black list today, and another black list some other day, and another and another.....
Anything could left? why player subscribe this mod anymore?

So, can we keep the full function and just say this:

"If you don't like this mod, Don't subscribe it"

Just like a playable CONSOLE COMMAND, I didn't see anyone complain about CONSOLE COMMAND

This topic of conversation, unfortunately, has been politely requested to be discontinued on this thread. If you'd like to know more you can always ask in the Starsector Unofficial Discord, where some very passionate Starsector players and modders will be only too happy to explain why this mod lacking a whitelist or blacklist is a bad idea.  :) Needless to say, it has a whitelist now, so those concerns are no longer an issue and the players need not worry about it at all! Have a nice day.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2019, 10:15:52 PM »

I actually love this mod. I gave feedback and hurried my whitelisted update because I love this mod. Straticus had a great idea, his implementation was just messy; now it's less so. Whitelists are easy to extend yourself, too.

Since apparently I'm being marked for a good beasting over this on Something Awful (and no doubt elsewhere), I'm happy to make you guys an extended whitelist minimod containing all my Blade Breaker content, just to put this to rest. It's not that hard to do yourself, either (it's a single .json file), but I'll do it just so you guys can have it sooner, we can put this argument to sleep, and Straticus can have his thread back.

EDIT: available >HERE<. No support will be provided.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:45:11 PM by Soren »

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2019, 10:40:10 PM »

Oh hey! Glad to see you put the whitelist in. I've gone ahead and whitelisted most of the ships and weapons, etc in my mod -- leaving out some crap at the bottom end, but including some ~rare special~ things that don't normally have blueprints. ;D
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10