Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a-RC10 - [REDACTED] Patrols stacked on top of [REDACTED] bas e  (Read 1413 times)

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Exploring the outer systems and I came upon this in a dual star system:

https://imgur.com/a/k5pe3Rl

A whole bunch of remnant patrols stuck orbiting(?) inside a remnant station. Not running or anything when the player fleet comes near.

I'm using a mod that adds more hostiles in the unexplored regions if that helps.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:23:00 AM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report, I'll keep an eye out!

Hard to tell if this is a vanilla issue or something caused by a mod; haven't seen anything like this myself, and I'm not sure why/how that'd happen, hmm. Do you happen to have a save handy where I could take a look? And does it require a lot of mods?

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Don't worry about this bug too much, it's actually pretty interesting, and quite alarming when you encounter it while investigating a random system ;D!

Yes I am using a lot of mods, 17 of them including libraries and utilities, but I think the one causing the hiccup might be the SAD mod that adds its own remnants in the outer systems. I'll see if I can get a save for you if I find the system again along with the list of mods.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

A similar bug with empty fleets (Blade Breakers faction from Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering mod) was tied to the Vesperon Combine mod. (It apparently involved unspecified modifications to FactionAPI data collections)

It doesn't seem to be the culprit here (this thread was made two days before the VC one), but it does suggest that a mod can indeed cause issues of this nature.