Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9a-RC10] Raid loot blueprint logic, low priority  (Read 949 times)

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.9a-RC10] Raid loot blueprint logic, low priority
« on: January 05, 2019, 05:56:17 AM »

Low priority.  The logic for dropping blueprints as part of raid loot looks like it might have a mismatch between the information display on a possibility of acquiring blueprints and the actual generation of blueprint loot

com\fs\starfarer\api\impl\campaign\rulecmd\salvage\MarketCMD.java

method raidValuable() contains the logic for the information display, which uses a check for both heavy_industry and also uses_blueprints industry tags, in line 759

method raidSpecialItems(CargoAPI cargo, Random random) contains the logic for the potential blueprint loot generation, which uses a check solely for the uses_blueprints industry tag, in line 1196

This would be low priority, as it has zero vanilla impact since both vanilla industries with uses_blueprints also have heavy_industry tags.  It has some minor potential impact on modding if they add uses_blueprints and forget to add heavy_industry tags

I'm not the best at reading these and I may have got it wrong.  If it could be checked then that'd be great

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a-RC10] Raid loot blueprint logic, low priority
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 10:23:42 AM »

Thank you! Right, yeah - the description in raidValuable() could use a case for "withBP" only; let me add that in.

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a-RC10] Raid loot blueprint logic, low priority
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 08:11:03 PM »

Thanks for that  :)