Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tech mining does not fit with rest of economy  (Read 2116 times)

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Tech mining does not fit with rest of economy
« on: January 05, 2019, 02:36:54 AM »

It provide miserable amount of things, does not scale with colony size and mostly just take production slot for nothing.
Or i missing something?

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Tech mining does not fit with rest of economy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 02:48:29 AM »

It provide miserable amount of things, does not scale with colony size and mostly just take production slot for nothing.
Or i missing something?
It provides some stuff to keep a outpost self dependent with minimal importing, but it's mainly used to...well, mine tech as in blueprints, weapons, fighters. So you make a temporary colony on a ruin world, such it try of tech and then abandon a colony and move on.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 03:53:39 AM »

The resource output is actually pretty good if the ruins are large enough, although dedicated production facilities will still outclass it once the colony is large.

Alex was considering removing the commodity production and making it only generate tech finds + other free stuff for player, but I dunno if this was implemented.

Nawyria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 03:25:44 AM »

The resource output is actually pretty good if the ruins are large enough, although dedicated production facilities will still outclass it once the colony is large.

This. On a Size 3 world with 100% Accessibility, Stability 10 and a Colony Administrator with the Industrial Planning skill, Extensive/Vast Ruins bring in quite a lot of money:

20k from metals, 14.5k from Supplies, 13k for Heavy Machinery and 43k from Fuel for a grand total of 90.5k income just from one cheap building. The output doesn't scale the way other industries do, but a world with decent ruins is very much worth settling in the early-game. Doubly so because Tech Mining brings in a small selection of rare items each month, which could include AI cores and blueprints.