Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Procedural Generation needs improvement  (Read 8818 times)

Okaenia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Procedural Generation needs improvement
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 07:34:53 AM »

In my current game, I was almost ready to colonize my desert system next to core worlds until I noticed three or so stable debris fields slowed down the game.
I'm sorry, I'm confused by what you mean with "slowing down the game". Are you talking about performance issues? I didn't think about that at all considering I never had any. I thought you were put off by the small travel speed debuff of asteroid belts and stuff. Gameplay wise I never lost against any expedition even with a single planet in a system, my patrols always win, I don't even need to be there (vanilla game, no mods); I'm only bothered with the visuals.

I'm not talking about making every system home to 6 planets with 3 gas giants, rings, moons and stuff. I'm talking about making those systems a little more common; from my experience, a good half of the sector is exactly what you want, almost empty systems with maybe five astronomical objects in it.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Procedural Generation needs improvement
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 09:42:18 AM »

In case of desert system, game lag due to too many things (probably debris field).  I would stop there to at least refuel and resupply.  I do not want too much lag just to visit my system.

For the other examples, it is just taste.
Pages: 1 2 [3]