Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blueprint Package Tiers  (Read 4670 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Blueprint Package Tiers
« on: January 03, 2019, 08:06:49 PM »

I recently familiarized myself with the wiki on blueprint modding and 0.9 compatibility to start campaign balance and though I have a pretty good understanding of how the blueprint system works in general and with faction spawning in the campaign.

I have a couple more questions about blueprint packages those sources don't completely cover:

How are blueprint packages, specifically, distributed to the player, and do they unlock everything in that package all at once or a single bp of the set?

Are they sold in markets? (I've browsed a few and haven't seen any). Can they be locked or unlocked with skills, or based on faction reputation such as with weapons bought wholesale? Or are they strictly limited to procgen (with the thing determining drop rate being the rare_bp tag) and raiding? I have created 3 tiers for each tech doctrine, and I want the first tier to be purchasable at favorable, the 2nd tier to unlock at welcoming and the 3rd tier to unlock only at "friendly" and above for specific factions.

Daquan_Baton

• Ensign
  • Selling this sphere thing for $10
    • View Profile
Re: Blueprint Package Tiers
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 04:46:54 PM »

I've made millions from my colonies before I actually gained any blueprints from raiding, so that's practically out of the question. I'm almost certain blueprints aren't sold, so that is too...

From what I know though, you just get blueprints from scavenging at outer worlds, weapon blueprints from scavenged weapon caches, multiple blueprints from research stations and planets with the different kinds of ruins, so on so forth.
Trapped in a freaking derelict tugboat...

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 08:58:55 PM »

I've made millions from my colonies before I actually gained any blueprints from raiding, so that's practically out of the question. I'm almost certain blueprints aren't sold, so that is too...

From what I know though, you just get blueprints from scavenging at outer worlds, weapon blueprints from scavenged weapon caches, multiple blueprints from research stations and planets with the different kinds of ruins, so on so forth.

Thanks that helps me understand some of the limitations on how to get blueprints and confirms some of my suspicions on spawning. :)

I am curious about the relationship between hull and weapon csv tags (such as midline_bp/pirate_bp) and the packages that unlock them. How are those items under each tag distributed between packages and single hull/weapon blueprints in salvage? Are there any examples?

Do only research stations give packages, and how often, for instance?

So, do I have to implement all weapons under base_bp, rare_bp, lowtech_bp, midline_bp, hightech_bp, etc.. for them to show up in salvage and the tech-related packages? Or can I make custom tags and packages spawn in salvage (without scripts)?

And if I add a blueprint package to special items that targets blueprints based on a blueprint tag linked to multiple hulls/weapons, how often will that package show up in salvage? Any way to modify that percentage?

*Edit* Part of what I am also asking is: Are these just different ways to implement the same thing on a faction by faction basis? For instance, I can limit hulls by blueprint tags or hull definitions but I don't necessarily need both. As long as the tags are linked to a blueprint package, then adding that tag under "knownHulls" and the hull definition under "priorityHulls" would be enough for the faction to only spawn those ships (with variants overridden) and still have those blueprints available as single blueprints and packages?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:02:27 PM by Morrokain »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 06:37:52 AM »

Any ship, wing or weapon with rare_bp can be dropped from salvage, ruins, techmining etc. when these things produce a single-item BP.

Package BPs need to be defined in data/campaign/special_items.csv and will teach all the items they contain. They need the package_bp tag and will teach all the items with a tag matching the string specified in the plugin params column.

For some more information and to add custom drops, look at data/campaign/procgen/drop_groups.csv, although the syntax may not be readily understandable.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 10:07:34 AM »

Ha, nope it certainly is not, but at least frequency is pretty straightforward :P

But thank you for pointing that file out, I had forgotten about it completely. My mod never added anything in that area.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:48:13 AM by Morrokain »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »

Ok, after taking a few minutes to look a little more in depth, it appears to make sense. I'll summarize for anyone needing this info as well.

Take a basic entry: low_weapons1

low_weapons1 is the group id in the group column, and presumably determines a chance of being chosen among other entries of that group during any operation that would generate loot of that group type. What operations those include isn't clear, in this file at least.

The frequency in the frequency column determines how often an entry of that group is chosen to spawn as opposed to the other entries, again, for that group.

nothing under the commodity id in the commodity column, is the highest percentage to spawn on most groups. I am assuming this is simply no loot at all for that group. Then in place of the other ids that are more specific or need special parameters, you have filters instead of simple ids to determine what other types of things could be included in that group.

Examples:

1) beta_core -- a Beta Core... ok simple enough, this is just a commodity id.

2) ftr_:{tags:[!remnant]} -- this is a little more complicated. It is looking for fighter wings (not fighter blueprints to be clear) by the abbreviation, but specifically (in the variable wrapped by the "}") any ones with tags that are NOT remnant (determined by the "!") in front of tag id). So, in conclusion, all fighters that aren't remnant fighters. Replacing remnant with low would eliminate lowtech fighters, high eliminate hightech fighters, and so on.

3) item_fighter_bp:{tags:[rare_bp, !no_drop]} -- under the blueprints group id, now has a set of tags. It filters to anything under rare_bp that also does not include a no_drop tag.

4) item_:{tags:[package_bp, !no_drop]} -- under the package_bp group. This directly relates to my earlier question: this specific entry, alongside: nothing has a 20/100 frequency to drop an entire blueprint package. If I wanted to include a rarer blueprint package spawn, I could simply add a new entry below:

item_:{tags:[rare_package_bp, !no_drop]},     package_bp,     5

rare_package_bp in the tags array links directly to blueprint packages defined under that id in the special_items.csv file under the tags column.

What this does: Now there are separate types of blueprint packages that will spawn far less often than normal blueprint packages, but will unlock higher tier blueprints. (You can define what types of blueprints are included in each package through special_items.csv)