Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Atlas and Prometheus should have Militarized Subsystems installed by default.  (Read 3786 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

If I learn their blueprints, Fast Pickets and other patrols get clogged with Prometheus, even if it does not have priority, and their burn speed suffers.  For some patrols, flagship is a Prometheus!  So far, I have incentive to not learn Atlas and Prometheus blueprints and just buy one or two I need for my fleet.

If those huge ships cannot be prevented from appearing on patrols and the like, then at least put Militarized Subsystems on the hulls' variants so they do not drag burn speed of the whole fleet down.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile

If I learn their blueprints, Fast Pickets and other patrols get clogged with Prometheus, even if it does not have priority, and their burn speed suffers.  For some patrols, flagship is a Prometheus!  So far, I have incentive to not learn Atlas and Prometheus blueprints and just buy one or two I need for my fleet.

If those huge ships cannot be prevented from appearing on patrols and the like, then at least put Militarized Subsystems on the hulls' variants so they do not drag burn speed of the whole fleet down.

Does disabling them on the doctrine tab not work?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You can't disable anything at the moment, just not prioritise. Beyond that, I suspect that big enough fleets will use Atlases/Prometheuses simply because they want a heavy duty freighter/tanker and nothing else cuts it. It would be nice if military fleets put militarised subsystems wherever they could, it's quite easy to get them to ginormous sizes, when you still want some speed on them.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Maybe not installed by default by EVERYBODY but at very least make one of the default build with it and make patrol use only that build. It doesn't make sense for patrol using any logistic ship without militarized subsystem because they ARE military.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Prometheus for some reason counted as combat ship, i have constant issue with officers from "dead" ships that got assigned to prometheus for no reason.

AI should always install aug drives and msystems just for +3 burn on all civilian ships.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Augmented Engines must be acquired and learned.  Militarized Subsystems is a starter hullmod and always available.  The latter also costs less OP.

Prometheus should not be a combat ship if it is counted as such.  It is as clumsy and underpowered as other civilians.  If it is a combat ship because it can haul tons of fuel to bomb a planet, then that is crazy because its fighting stats are poor.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 05:59:36 AM by Megas »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Prometheus for some reason counted as combat ship, i have constant issue with officers from "dead" ships that got assigned to prometheus for no reason.

AI should always install aug drives and msystems just for +3 burn on all civilian ships.
At least for me, the game kinda dislikes auto-assingning Officers to Frigates.  If there's a civilian Capital or Cruiser ship, it'll prefer to put an Officer there rather than at the helm of a Frigate.  Doesn't matter if it's a Prometheus, at Atlas, or a Colossus.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Glory to Prometheus flagship!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

With Atlas as the secondary too!

Stuff like that is why I do not learn those blueprints even when I like to produce a few of my own because I only need two or so of each, and they will not be lost in combat because they never see any fighting.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile

IMO the Atlas and the Prometheus should only appear in civilian cargo or fuel fleets. Prometheus would appear in warfleets only in expeditions as bombardment vessels, and Atlas... a warfleet should always use Colossi at most I feel.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I could see warfleet with Atlas if they were raiding.  But for typical system defense patrols, they should never use Atlas or Prometheus, especially if there are no battleships in the fleet, and not as a flagship.  If they really need the ships because there are multiple battleships, then put Militarized Subsystems so they can match burn speed of battleships.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile

fleets not designed to leave system, should not have any civilian craft at all.

not ever single drum, they do not need fuel, why they have tankers?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

fleets not designed to leave system, should not have any civilian craft at all.

not ever single drum, they do not need fuel, why they have tankers?
As for patrol fleet, they don't really have logistic issue since it's probably just one month time per patrol cycle, all they need is a few combat freight I suppose.
Just look at those REDACTED fleet, they ... do they ever bring any logistic ships? THAT's what a proper LOCAL patrol fleet should look like.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.