Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cryosleeper inside trash system with barren planets  (Read 8608 times)

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Cryosleeper inside trash system with barren planets
« on: December 28, 2018, 07:38:33 PM »

MN-981240544926136358
System in question is Delta Alward, screenshot included.

Probably this is "by design" and ever trash system colony of large size is profitable, still...

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Cryosleeper inside trash system with barren planets
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »

Appreciate you bringing it up, but this definitely doesn't go into bug reports.

(Also, already tweaked it in the dev version...)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 08:02:53 PM »

(Also, already tweaked it in the dev version...)
Out of curiosity, how was it changed?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 08:05:18 PM »

They're much much more likely to spawn in systems with better planets.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 08:56:29 PM »

Yeah the only one I found spawned in the furthest corner of the sector with a bunch of trash worlds. Good to know that is less likely now.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 10:10:39 PM »

i found one in system with double terran with vast ruins and volcanic planet with ultrarich minerals, gone for tritach 2kk loan and won game instantly, as three month later i had 1kk income per month.

due to lack of ability to move population around or move cryosleeper around, getting one generated in trash system is just waste.

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 02:28:35 AM »

I'd love if I could just bring 8 tugs and bring it home with me.

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 06:12:29 AM »

I mean cryosleepers showing in systems with barren planets isn't necessarily a bug if you think about the potential logic behind it. The sleepers that arrived at habitable planets would have successfully deployed themselves, colonized the planet, and been dismantled afterwards. The only ones that would remain would be the ones that mistakenly ended up in an uninhabitable system, and been unable to journey to another one for whatever reason.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 08:43:51 AM »

Unfortunately, when you have a limit to how many you can colonize, you do not want to waste it on trash planets.

If I want population that badly, just sink into incentives and wait while busy playing space cop or blueprint raider.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 08:58:27 AM »

As far as i understand, domain era stuff relied on automated drones and "conventional" space travel, when drones found usable planets, they assemble gate, activate it and call humans to investigate and colonize.

cryosleeper should be in system with gate and that system absolutely must have planet, that was designed for colonization.

it's absolutely not possible for domain to load people into cryopods and just sent into unknown.

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 09:21:05 AM »

What? Yes it is. There were three wave of colonization, first the cryosleeper ships got sent, then the gate ships with better and faster drone ships got sent and then some third unspecified wave got sent and either never made it or is still on it's way to the sector.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »

Special project for moving cryosleeper ship to new system would be very cool no matter the costs involved - it is just awesome.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 06:24:12 PM »

What? Yes it is. There were three wave of colonization, first the cryosleeper ships got sent, then the gate ships with better and faster drone ships got sent and then some third unspecified wave got sent and either never made it or is still on it's way to the sector.

its absolutely illogical to sent cryosleepers first.

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2018, 08:07:40 PM »

I was thinking something along the lines of a habitable planet being identified and a sleeper sent out, but something happens to the planet in the meantime (Asteroid strike, sun explodes, etc.) so the sleeper goes into standby mode. Or your standard malfunction/damage/got lost kind of scenario too.

At any rate the presence of cryosleepers in uninhabitable systems appeals to me because it could be justified as an example of a Survivorship Bias, and that makes it interesting to me. You'd have to add in a function to move them to another system though because in gameplay terms that's frustrating.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 12:25:46 AM »

its absolutely illogical to sent cryosleepers first.

Nah. You never know when technology will increase to obsolete prior transport methods. So you just go with what is best at the time.

Though the cryosleepers were in wave 2. Wave 1 hasn’t made it to the Persean Sector yet.
Pages: [1] 2