Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.51a RC3] VERY minor issue in Independent faction's friendly text.  (Read 1751 times)

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hi all,

I made a new campaign save file earlier and modded it a bit, so I would start off friendly with all factions and could pick my own enemies. I know that you currently cannot get friendly status with any faction (or at least I haven't found out how to, yet), but still - I found a bit of an oversight in the text for the Independent faction.

Here's what's currently there:
Code
"greetingFriendly":"I’ll be slagged, space isn’t so empty after all! And to think I assumed you were hostile. What a pleasant surprise to be wrong.",

Here's what should be there:
Code
"greetingFriendly":"I'll be slagged, space isn't so empty after all! And to think I assumed you were hostile. What a pleasant surprise to be wrong.",

The slanted quotes (’) render as question marks ingame, whereas the normal quotes (') work fine. As said, it's a very minor issue, but if becoming friendly with this faction is planned for future releases it might be good to fix that in advance. ;)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.51a RC3] VERY minor issue in Independent faction's friendly text.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:56:39 AM »

Thank you - fixed.

Nothing good has ever come of the so-called "smart quotes". I hate them with a passion.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.51a RC3] VERY minor issue in Independent faction's friendly text.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »

+1  :)  Totally crashed the game for me when I was modding and could not figure out why until I opened the file in notepad++ and saw the stupid slanty quotes.  >:[
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire