Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Auto resolve when enemy fleet have only civilian ships left  (Read 1607 times)

hkmist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Auto resolve when enemy fleet have only civilian ships left
« on: January 17, 2019, 02:35:25 AM »

With the expedition system, enemy fleet usually have a lot of support ship which will not go in battle until they are the only ships left.

This became a problem when you engage a few enemy fleets at once, after you fight off their battle ship, there are a few dozen of civilian ships left behind and they number are too much to disengage(well, I win the battle so this is not a option) or let player to use auto resolve. This end up in a loop of player put a ship in > all enemy ship retreat at battle start > another new battle, until all of the enemy civilian ship CR 0 and begin self destruction or engine stop. Which is wasting time and really no meaning.

It is possible to change the rule to allow player using auto resolve at the moment all enemy battle ships is destroyed and only civilian ships is left?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Auto resolve when enemy fleet have only civilian ships left
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 01:29:11 PM »

This is a bug, btw - the civilian ships should attempt to disengage instead of continually re-engaging.

hkmist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 07:29:28 PM »

Haven't realize these is a bug since player never possible to disengage successfully with that size of fleet.
So if everything is working normally player should be able to use auto resolve at that situation even that is a 60+ ships civilian fleet? Or player just have the choose of let it go/engage again manually?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »

That's a good point, I'm not 100% sure what'd happen then, as it would take a *lot* of civilian ships - looking into some similar stuff at the moment, let me check into this as well.

hkmist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »

Yes it seem these only happen when there are more than 30+ civilian ship, and should be rare in a no-mod game, it only happen a few times when i was fighting some big pirate raid in my no-mod play though. 

It just start to being painful because i change the fleet limit to 60 and get Nexerelin :P 

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 05:27:09 AM »

That's a good point, I'm not 100% sure what'd happen then, as it would take a *lot* of civilian ships - looking into some similar stuff at the moment, let me check into this as well.
That can happen!  In one fight with 300+ pirate ships (after I jumped into a system into the middle of a huge pirate swarm ready to gate out), in which pirates and I lost all warships, I had few dozen enemy civilians to wade through, and all I had to fight them were some Shepherds and other civilians!  My civilians won that fight when the enemy kept deploying and retreating until they ran out of CR after multiple rounds then self-destructed.