Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Stacking stacks  (Read 3076 times)

Arcx4991

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Stacking stacks
« on: December 23, 2018, 03:06:19 PM »

I seem to be unable to combine stacks of fuel & supplies back together after they have split (for no reason, it seems).
They keep sticking to stacks of 1000, which fills up room in the UI for no good reason.
Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not, and I cannot find the reason nor solution for it.

Anybody got an idea why this keeps happening, and how do I get my inventory back to the way our lord and saviour Ludd intended it?

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stacking stacks
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »

It depends on the view how large the stacks are. on the resources tab it'll be all a single stack.

Another way to make it all one stack is to put it all into storage, confirm, then click the stack and pull it out all at once.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Arcx4991

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 08:59:13 AM »

It depends on the view how large the stacks are. on the resources tab it'll be all a single stack.

Another way to make it all one stack is to put it all into storage, confirm, then click the stack and pull it out all at once.

I don't like using the resources tabs, especially early game.

Putting them in storage at Asharu still does not combine the stacks, wierdly enough.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 10:04:14 PM »

I'm a bit confused then. Are you trying to merge fuel and supplies together into a single stack? If so that's not going to work.

If you want stacks of more than 1000 to take only a single square (we have infinite squares  but i understand the desire to have it be tidy) then my method will do that. In fact it doesn't even have to be storage you can "sell" them all to a market and then buy them all back in the same transaction (plus whatever they have on hand). just remember to left click the stack from the market then put it in an empty square. (it doesn't have to be an empty square strictly speaking, but it does have to be an item that isn't the same as your currently held item)

This method will work for any product as well; supplies, fuel, crew, marines, and even weapons.

Also i should mention you can not use the sort button. that'll separate the stacks back out into a maximum of 1000.
You also can't use the CTRL+click method of taking stacked-past-max items or use the take all button either.
Those are the inconveniences you pay for tidy inventory.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 10:14:58 PM »

(FWIW, stack size in player cargo will be unlimited in 0.9.1a.)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 06:37:22 AM »

(FWIW, stack size in player cargo will be unlimited in 0.9.1a.)

I'm actually moderately unhappy about that lmfao 100 stack maxes made managing the late-game inventory by just ctrl-clicking maxed stacks super convenient
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then