Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ideas Post Dump [Neiros]  (Read 1328 times)

Neiros

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Ideas Post Dump [Neiros]
« on: December 23, 2018, 12:00:24 PM »

Hi,

I've decided to write down all ideas I would want to see, or want to share with you guys in this post, because its less spammish and spread all over the forum.

Small tweaks

Borderless window
Spoiler

Option to play the game in borderless mode, for the two screen monitor homies :'(
[close]

Structural sonar detector
Spoiler

I was happily surprised with the skill that lets you detect human artifacts, but I have not been able to actually use it... All i find is planets.

If there was such a skill, or hull upgrade, but with a sort of structural sonar that let's you detect space stations, sonar arrays and other metal structures on the same way but then it consumed metal per second or something like that, i think that would be a nice addition for scouting for pirate bases & ludic path space stations.
[close]

Medium additions

Hyperdrive Gate
Spoiler

A structure you can build on a colony that you can use when you are on your colony to quickly travel to another colony with a hypderdrive gate contructed on that colony.
It should cost something like twice the fuel, or 200k so it cannot be abused for easy money from trades but i think it would be a really nice addition in case a colony is far away and in an emergency situation.
Or if you are lazy and rich. ;D
[close]

Personal faction missions
Spoiler

As of right now, the standing with station officers etc from factions don't really have any purpose.
If you have a standing with a faction of -50, say the hegemony found an AI core in your colony and you were +40 before, it is a process to get all the way back up to positive standing.
If you have a personal standing with a station officer from the hegemony, I thought it would be a nice addition if there was an option that if your standing with that officer is say 50+, you can ask them to give you a chance to prove yourself.

The officer should have a chance of giving it based on the standing with the faction (Suspicious/Inhospitable/hostile/vengeful) and his/her own personality (Passive/Neutral/Aggressive)

Example of formula to calculate the outcome:
Spoiler

If the officer declines your request it should reduce his personal standing with a little, like 10 or 15 so you cannot just keep trying.
The personality trait should be unique per officer.
[close]
[close]

Large additions/changes

Fleet Orders
Spoiler

I would like to see the option where you can send a picket, patrol or maybe even a customized fleet that you would pay for with your personal credits, which you can give orders like:
Destroy the enemy base located in the "...." Star system.
and if the location is unkown, the patrol would respond with:
We can not search the entire galaxy, I'm sorry.
or something.

I'm a huge fan of the colony system and would like to see a whole lot more options in terms of building your own faction or army.
And a lot of political connections and war related subjects that would be nice if we could interract with the other factions in less "take my orders or go" way.
[close]

I will keep adding ideas here if anyone is interested. Thank you for listening, have a nice day!

Keep doing what you're doing dev, love the updates every time.

With kind regards,

Neiros
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 05:59:31 AM by Neiros »

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile

I agree with this idea, that would be cool.
Hello!