Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An In(creasingly) Complete Guide to Starector Economy & Colonization  (Read 11623 times)

Nawyria

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello everyone!

I've been mostly a lurker on this forum and have only recently actually signed up. I've read so much good advice and enjoyed a lot of the mods that community members have contributed, that I thought it would be nice to give something back. I've recently been delving into the Starsector economy a lot and I think I have something worth sharing, so in the spirit of a Christmas gift, I present you the first part of my guide.

An In(creasingly) Complete Guide to Starector Economy & Colonization

Feel free to add comments on the docs or in this thread. Future installments are coming soon!

All the best and Happy Holidays!

Nawyria
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 03:09:08 PM by Nawyria »

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: An Incomplete Guide to Starsector Economy & Colonization
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 09:50:04 PM »

Welcome.

The first section is very thorough. Thanks for taking the time to make this.

One thing i wanted to mention (that you're probably aware of) is that in 9.1 the colony system is going to be changing a bit. Unfortunately i have no idea how to make your document easier to update as needed, but i also couldn't have made such a document without tons of trial and error, but anyway the point is i'd recommend making it so you can update it easily.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Nawyria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: An Incomplete Guide to Starsector Economy & Colonization
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 01:21:40 AM »

Welcome.

The first section is very thorough. Thanks for taking the time to make this.

One thing i wanted to mention (that you're probably aware of) is that in 9.1 the colony system is going to be changing a bit. Unfortunately i have no idea how to make your document easier to update as needed, but i also couldn't have made such a document without tons of trial and error, but anyway the point is i'd recommend making it so you can update it easily.

Cheers!

I haven't seen any patch notes or anything anywhere, but I assumed things would change as development progresses. That's why I've decided to make the guide in Google Docs, which allows for much easier editing than BBcode in the forums. I'm planning to update the guide as new patches are released and hope the community will help me by commenting on any outdated information as we go along.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 01:37:17 AM by Nawyria »

SmartreSartre

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: An In(creasingly) Complete Guide to Starector Economy & Colonization
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 10:28:57 AM »

Looks great so far. The formatting is great and your sentences are well put together and easy to read. Are you a technical writer by any chance? If not then maybe consider it  ;D

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 05:27:42 PM »

Love it. Well written and answer a lot of my questions on several things.
One point you didn't mention: is there any point to get  demands met by in-faction trade except for heavy industries?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 01:09:05 AM »

One point you didn't mention: is there any point to get  demands met by in-faction trade except for heavy industries?
No(t yet). In 0.9.1 satisfying an industry's demand in-faction will decrease its upkeep.