Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Battlezone Control  (Read 620 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Battlezone Control
« on: December 21, 2018, 07:28:09 PM »

I didn't see this till there were two whole pages after it so I made my own thread

Edit #2: One thing I've been thinking off, on the back-burner, is some sort of "victory point" system to replace current objectives with. It'd be more zone control than point control - maybe 1-3 zones, none of which being near the edges - which you win the battle automatically (forcing the enemy to retreat) if you control them for a fairly brief period. That would, in theory, ensure that borders come into play way less often, since whoever is at a border is going to lose if their opponent controls the center. But that wouldn't work well for remnant/derelict defenses, where the only win condition is complete destruction. Anyway, this is a bit theoretical at this point, just a possible idea I'm mulling over.

you're already halfway there, Alex, ya goof, no need for this to be its own whole thing. CR & beacons.
If you made it so that ships getting to 0% CR mothball themselves and lock themselves into retreat mode, and then made controlling 100% of the beacons on the map put all enemy ships into "enemies present; CR degrading" mode unless they're capping an uncontested control point and also maybe multiplied CR degrade rate based on the remaining ally/enemy ratio when the enemy has control of all beacons, ur exact idea would be implemented just by adjusting already existing mechanics that we've all already accepted.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then