Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 0.51a - (Small?) Missile racks aren't hidden when they should be  (Read 4853 times)

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if this is a new bug or not, but while trying out modding I've discovered that missile racks are not respecting the "HIDDEN" value like energy weapons do. So, on the fighters I've created they've got big ol' missile racks on the defined hardpoints, and it looks pretty silly. I've only tried small missile racks so far (sabot and harpoon), so I'm not sure if it's size-specific or a general missile thing.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
Re: 0.51a - (Small?) Missile racks aren't hidden when they should be
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »

The missiles and bombs always draw on top. So it could just be that. Is there rack actually there or just the missile?
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »

The missiles and bombs always draw on top. So it could just be that. Is there rack actually there or just the missile?
The whole rack--I can provide screenshots if needed, but it's the same as the rack that appears on bigger ships when you've got it equipped. It shows up both in combat and even on the fleet or purchase screens.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:45:29 PM »

Weird.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »

I think that might be some other kind of problem.

The Broadsword (heavy fighter) has a hidden missile launcher that doesn't show up.
The Thunder and the Dagger both have hidden missile launchers that only show the missile, not the rack (which is as-intended).

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 09:13:03 AM »

I think that might be some other kind of problem.

The Broadsword (heavy fighter) has a hidden missile launcher that doesn't show up.
The Thunder and the Dagger both have hidden missile launchers that only show the missile, not the rack (which is as-intended).
Strange. If you'd like screenshots I can provide them tonight once I'm home--I made a sleek little fighter craft with three hidden weapons (1 beam, 2 missile) and the missile racks look utterly silly showing up on the model.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »

Maybe post the ship file. That'd be more useful probably.
- Voltaire

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 10:30:33 AM »

i would say post the code you have written for the fighter as well maybe someone will see something there.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

megal00t

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »

so uhh removing render missile hidden doesn't work?