Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do not "fix" pirate deathball swarms  (Read 7865 times)

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Do not "fix" pirate deathball swarms
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 06:37:56 PM »

As far as i noticed, as soon as i get medusa blueprint, every pirate started to use medusa.

(Not how it works, btw.
Spoiler
If you sell a blueprint on the black market, pirates eventually get access to it.
[close]
)
That's a nice Paragon blueprint you got there.
It would be a shame if someone were to... misplace it.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 03:41:41 AM »

decided to go creative genocide run right now!
will "befriend" pirates, share paragon and stuff with black market and watch world burn.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 05:05:44 AM »

yes pirates do deploy civilian ships for attack just to retreat few seconds later, after losing ships just to "escape limit" they will attempt to flee.
this may result in 2-3 civilian ships attacks before they actually retreat.

issue with this looks like same as "magnetic stations of doom" as soon as you hit 100 supply you can't escape, both for ai

I'm fairly sure the non-retreating civilian fleets bug is caused by the Converted Hangar mod being installed on civilian ships. (identified here)
:edit:

Ah looks like Alex already knows about it.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 07:14:16 AM »

Pirates behave more like zombies/zerg or mad AI than humans.

A sensible pirate will ask for protection money or some cargo and let you be.
A insane pirate charges in guns blazing to kill you.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 07:28:19 AM »

Not only kill you, insane pirate also fight to bitter end, and will not try to retreat ever after getting ship reduced to 10% hp it will continue to chase you around.

Ever if you managed to wipe half of their fleet, they won't let you go, they will fight as long as have ships.

When you let them go, instead of running away, they will "maintain contact with your fleet" just to attack again.

This ever worse with pathers, all ships with SO, not trying to retreat and fight to death, ever getting zero CR is no reason to retreat.

plus infinite respawn and magically created fleets, ever wiping every market of pirates and pathers won't prevent zergrushes on your colonies, well, wiping entire world won't prevent pirate raids.

how hell they ever created that ships if there are no world with industry left?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 07:30:10 AM by RawCode »

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 11:25:46 AM »

not sold any blueprint, but had everything stored inside colony with open market.
probably they looted blueprint from me, as i "died" really large number of times and few raids on my capital was won by attackers.

Hmm. Double-checked the code, and it really looks like - outside of mods - the only way for this to happen is selling a blueprint on the black market.

Could they have captured it after battle with player faction patrols?
Or do AI fleets not restore dead ships?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 11:27:24 AM »

AI fleets do not gain ships at all, as far as I know. New fleets have to be created instead.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 12:09:31 PM »

At least pirates have a heavy industry, although that begs the question where do they get the ships if you or Pather decivilize K Starworks and destroy their heavy industry in the process.

I guess the same can be asked about any major faction that loses its market with heavy industry (or both in case of Hegemony).  If I wanted to kill everyone in the sector, markets with heavy industries would be priority targets.

What I want to know is where are the Ludds getting their special ships from, since they have no heavy industry to speak of?  Also exposes all of the Ludds as hypocrites since they need heavy industry to fuel their war machine (especially Pathers).

AI fleets do not gain ships at all, as far as I know. New fleets have to be created instead.
They used to capture ships back in Starfarer, back when surrendering/boarding was a thing.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 08:18:12 PM »

AI just get ships out of nowhere, player included, you will have patrols ever if have no heavy industry, and if you have blueprints, AI will spawn paragons and stuff for free.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 09:12:38 AM »

AI just get ships out of nowhere, player included, you will have patrols ever if have no heavy industry, and if you have blueprints, AI will spawn paragons and stuff for free.
I know player gets ships, just junkers like Venture and other starters that need no blueprints.  If player learns more blueprints, sets priority (after clicking view blueprints), and get those priority marked ships instead, then the hints given by the game are totally misleading.  If I learn say... Paragon and some Phase Lances, and I do not have heavy industry, but my patrols can use those acquired ships and weapons?  Those hints are kind of lying.

EDIT:  Just removed my colonies' heavy industries, and patrols got basic junkers like Ventures again instead of the my priority fleet.  So how can factions like both Ludds have their own stuff when they lack the industries to produce them and must rely on other factions for their ships?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:05:18 AM by Megas »

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 11:36:33 AM »

Salvage fleets are everywhere. Seems pirate fleets are leftover garbage welded together. I mean one ship has to be disabled exploded several times to accumulate 4 D mods.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 06:43:24 PM »

it does not explain infinite reserves of pirate ships.

single pirate raid can be up to 3kk in value, if fuel and supply required are "assumed" (as AI do not use fuel, crew or supply) and to assembly such fleet, player need really long time, or really large number of heavy industries AND credits.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2019, 11:22:21 PM »

Pirate capital looks promising. (At least) two large ballistics, two large missile, four medium ballistics. I hope it will be the first combat capital with less than 40 dp.
Pages: 1 [2]