Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.51a No crew?  (Read 4872 times)

Neos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
0.51a No crew?
« on: March 07, 2012, 07:47:57 PM »

I'm getting this problem where I'm being told I don't have enough crew for any of my ships. In fact it says I have 0 crew on all ships. I waited for them all to repair to 100% and bought maybe 100 regular guys, just to see if the problem persists, and it does. I'm including a screenshot of the issue when I first noticed it (well I first noticed it when my ship got captured for suddenly being unsuitable for fighting and I had to reload). It's not shown in this screenshot,  but I've got 2 wings of talons with the same problem, 0 of 4 crew.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.51a No crew?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:49:46 PM »

Looks like you need to buy some more crew. The 100 you bought must have gotten mostly killed off - they can die when your ship's hulls are damaged. Am I missing something?

Neos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 07:51:54 PM »

It said I didn't have enough crew while I was still docked with the 100 new crew. I can take a new screenshot showing this, if you want.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 07:53:33 PM »

The tooltip might not update until you confirm the trade. Is that what you mean?

Neos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »

I realize I didn't explain the details very well, but to my defense I'm about ready for bed, but I wanted to post this while its fresh in my head. I'll better explain the first time this happened, though after loading the game up a second time I can't seem to recreate it. I captured some Talons after a hard fight, lost a lot of crew and went to buy some more crew. I bought more then I needed (the max I could hold) and headed out to fight some pirates. I hit a frigate with some fighters and it told me I had no crew. WTF'd for a second and reloaded my last save from a few seconds ago. bought a 100 regulars and went back to check again. still zero. I just realized the screenshot was right after that battle where most of my guys died, so that's my bad. Like I said, after I exited the game and loaded it back up a second ago it seemed to work fine. I did exactly the same thing as the first time, I'm pretty sure I didn't reset or abort the trade. It's possible this is an error on my part somewhere. Tomorrow when I give this another go I'll try to recreate this.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:56:52 PM »

got this sometime too when i was managing the position of my ship in the fleet tab, most of the time to fix it, i just retake the ship and replace it where its was, so its get updated in crew, maybe that might help you

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 07:57:41 AM »

Ok, thank you guys - I'll keep an eye out.

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 01:38:51 PM »

If I am reading this thread right I think I found a similar problem. While it is nice that ships that can't put crew on them are skipped for crew distribution, it also seems to skip ships after that one (that it should be able to field). I had a Lasher and a Wolf with full crew and 5 people to spare. I captured a Dominator (due to the enemy not having enough crew to field it), and when I put it as my first ship it said "Not Enough Crew". Now, that was expected, but curiously enough my Lasher and Wolf (my only other ships) were also marked as "Not Enough Crew". When I moused over all the ships, no ship had a single crew in them, while I had more than enough crew to field the Wolf and Lasher. If I put the Dominator after the other two ships, they got crew, but when the Dominator was first they did not.

I think I might know what the problem is. I think that even when ships are "skipped", it still reduces the amount of crew in the pool (for the purpose of testing if it can crew them), causing the ship to effectively be crewed anyway.
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »

I think what catattack said above here pretty much sums it up. The ship fields crew even if it spawn't have enough of it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 08:12:55 AM »

Ahh, yes, it was something very close to that. Also had to do with mixing different levels of crew. Fixed for next version, thank you!