Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AI cores skill  (Read 2027 times)

Anvel

• Commander
    • View Profile
AI cores skill
« on: December 12, 2018, 07:50:40 AM »

Create a new skill for ai cores usage for example: lvl1) alow you to use gama&beta cores. lvl2) allow you to use alpha cores to upgrade your facilities.
lvl3) you can set alpha cores as administrators now, unlock blueprint battle ai - you can create 2 ai lieutenants with level 26 that gives you another +2 officers cap.  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:56:37 AM by Anvel »

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: IA cores skill
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 07:56:11 AM »

Locking gameplay mechanics behind skills is never a good idea.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Anvel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:01:15 AM »

but now ia cores are super op, all administrator skills useless.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 08:03:12 AM »

Mate, the whole thing will get rebalanced in the next patch, Alex already confirmed that income will be nerfed. We just got colonies in 0.9, ofc things are gonna be whack at first.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 10:20:29 AM »

(just fyi, its 'ai', not 'ia')

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 10:34:50 AM »

It's a bad idea, to stop the player from using AI cores, mainly because without them some colonies wouldn't make money.
My bet that he's either french or spanish and in these languages, it's not a typo.

Anvel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 11:11:54 AM »

my bad ty
It's a bad idea, to stop the player from using AI cores, mainly because without them some colonies wouldn't make money.
My bet that he's either french or spanish and in these languages, it's not a typo.
My point is that factions don't use them, without any perk investments you gain best administrator or huge buff to any building for free, its even easier to find apha cores than decent human administrator with 2 perks, no salary above that.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »

Oh, I didn't know that! Good to know :)

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

My point is that factions don't use them, without any perk investments you gain best administrator or huge buff to any building for free, its even easier to find apha cores than decent human administrator with 2 perks, no salary above that.

There are also very few mechanics/negatives around them yet (I think Alpha Cores in charge of entire colonies are impossible to remove and can do stuff if targeted by a Hegemony Inspection, but I'm not 100% sure). Presumably Alex will eventually add things where AI cores can go rogue and beef up the downsides of Hegemony Inspections triggered by using AI cores and such.

And as mentioned, the fact that NPC faction colonies are crap compared to player colonies has already been officially added to Alex's slate for the next update. Presumably most NPC factions don't use them due to the Hegemony being the major power in the Core systems, and they take a very dim view of AI cores.