Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: multiplayer. who wants it and what sort of types  (Read 12218 times)

Grendel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: multiplayer. who wants it and what sort of types
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »

PLEASE NO.

Seriously, I've got enough "balanced for multiplayer" games. Just once, I'd love to have a relatively new, SINGLE player game that I can load up when I'm NOT feeling competitive.

Besides, do you REALLY want to fight someone who played Harpoon 2 and FCed 0.0 fleets in Eve? Alternately, imagine discovering you're up against one of Starcraft 2's micromanagement champions. Oh HECK yes that's going to be fun :rolleyes:

I did NOT buy into this game for yet another goddamn multiplayer "experience". If I want to command multiple starships in combat against other humans, I'll bloody well play something else. If multiplayer had been high on the list of features, I'd have MOVED THE FARK ON. I bought into this game to RELAX.  You know, poke about with different ships, different fits, get blown up occasionally by the AI, but generally kick (well-managed) butt. I've had about enough of "holy shiat there's 1300 people here", tyvfm.

Really and seriously, PLEASE No. I REALLY want a decent single-player game. I'm sick of everything being driven by lowest-common-denominator fleet balance.

bubbalubber

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2012, 05:41:41 AM »

PLEASE NO.

Seriously, I've got enough "balanced for multiplayer" games. Just once, I'd love to have a relatively new, SINGLE player game that I can load up when I'm NOT feeling competitive.

Besides, do you REALLY want to fight someone who played Harpoon 2 and FCed 0.0 fleets in Eve? Alternately, imagine discovering you're up against one of Starcraft 2's micromanagement champions. Oh HECK yes that's going to be fun :rolleyes:

I did NOT buy into this game for yet another goddamn multiplayer "experience". If I want to command multiple starships in combat against other humans, I'll bloody well play something else. If multiplayer had been high on the list of features, I'd have MOVED THE FARK ON. I bought into this game to RELAX.  You know, poke about with different ships, different fits, get blown up occasionally by the AI, but generally kick (well-managed) butt. I've had about enough of "holy shiat there's 1300 people here", tyvfm.

Really and seriously, PLEASE No. I REALLY want a decent single-player game. I'm sick of everything being driven by lowest-common-denominator fleet balance.

i see your point. if there is multiplayer id of course like it to be either put in after the single player is finished or maybe as an expansion.
and as for balance. if the game is balanced in single player wouldnt it be good enough balance for fun multiplayer?

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2012, 05:49:50 AM »

There's also the fact that you can't have anything that's purposefully overpowered (Like tri-tachyon) in a competitive multiplayer.  So if they were added they'd likely get nerfed even more.

bubbalubber

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2012, 05:54:46 AM »

There's also the fact that you can't have anything that's purposefully overpowered (Like tri-tachyon) in a competitive multiplayer.  So if they were added they'd likely get nerfed even more.
well the way i had imagined it 1) if stuff like tri tachyon would have a much higher cost just as they do in single player and
2) i wouldnt want a competetive multiplayer. id want "fun multiplayer" where you can just *** around in space with ur friend, trying to blow each other/your other mates up

Daveydude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 08:35:28 PM »

well the way i had imagined it 1) if stuff like tri tachyon would have a much higher cost just as they do in single player and
2) i wouldnt want a competetive multiplayer. id want "fun multiplayer" where you can just *** around in space with ur friend, trying to blow each other/your other mates up
This. Ships should be purposely imbalanced if you ask me. I think part of the fun in this game comes from milking every ounce of ownage out of any given ship. If multiplayer was added it should only ever be couch multiplayer, where friends can mess around trying to perform messed up tactics, like using one friend as a meat-shield while the other vents his flux, or just flat out ramming your friend's ship into the nearest paragon.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »

If there was a way to give one of your ships to another player during campaign battles or something that'd be nice. Maybe run it on a LAN style setup for when you've got a couple people bs'ing around.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »

I don't think multiplayer campaign would be possible....what does one player do while the other is in combat? Time "slows down" for the player in combat, so what would the other person be doing? If they just kept flying at normal speed that would be a game breaker that could be abused, and I don't want to sit there and watch for ten minutes as my buddy battles pirates

well right now in single player, other faction when they fight its kinda instant, and their ship explode and if someone live its flee, for multiplayer i would have thought both player ( or player and comp ) fleet with get over each other ( for other people that could see it ) and couldnt be interacted with, and to show there a battle here you would see explosion in the 2 fleet ( think like errr....... the single player button of starcraft 1... >_> when you keep your mouse over the button there a loop animation could be like that but top down ) and when the fight is over, just do like now when teh battle end, fleet explode and etc...

and wall tbh me i would like too to see a multiplayer mode but right now its true got to stay focused on single player

agentstaple

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 09:11:21 AM »

I would support a mod with multi player but I dont want them to change the game for it.

maybe just a death match, you each get an equal number of CPs and then buy a fleet and have a battle (kind of like cod but in space)

if anyone rages at me for the cod bit, I dont really care its a fun game (and if you say its copied and pasted look at morrowind and skyrim the only new things are the stories and the engine, but what else is there to change?)

blackfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »

He has already said that this will be focused on single player like its been said a hundred times before, but yeah i agree with the people saying that it would be a cool expansion for later ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]