Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Resolved] Ability to Purchase System Structures  (Read 842 times)

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
[Resolved] Ability to Purchase System Structures
« on: December 11, 2018, 12:21:43 PM »

I would like the option to purchase or negotiate with factions for system assets. I was watching Wadestar's let's play, and he just went to war with the independents over a comm relay they built in a system he colonized. Rather than be forced into conflict or into installing a comm sniffer, it would neat if we could instead negotiate with a faction for rights to those kind of system assets. It would make sense for non-piratical players, and add an additional feeling of legitimacy as an actual legal entity to the player's faction.

As for the mechanics, I'd probably have there be a 'base price' for each asset type, and then a logarithmically scaling multiplier based upon proximity to the owner's colonies and the size of those markets. (That way, buying a Sindrian relay out in the middle of nowhere will be reasonable, but trying to buy the relay in Askonia is going to be ludicrously prohibitive.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 12:27:20 PM by JDCollie »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to Purchase System Structures
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »

There's already a fix for this in the works: as of 9.1 (which, yes, isn't out yet), faction patrols will take over (at no rep penalty) relays from friendly factions that don't have a colony in-system.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Ability to Purchase System Structures
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 12:27:02 PM »

Oh, neat!