Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9a RC9] General pirate bugs  (Read 661 times)

XazoTak

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.9a RC9] General pirate bugs
« on: December 09, 2018, 09:08:37 PM »

I'm finding that there's a lot of unfound issues related to being friendly with pirates, because no one actually plays as a pirate ally since there's no benefits and you can't do half the missions in the game.
Since making a thread for each issue is getting a bit spammy, here's a several at once:

Black market trade with transponder on
This caused a reputation loss the first time I did it, then nothing thereafter.

Pirate activity penalties
Two of my five colonies have -50% accessibility and reduced stability from pirate activity, which severely reduces income.
The defenders could easily destroy the pirates, but they won't because pirates are friendly.
These penalties occur despite pirates only attacking useless Independent fleets instead of my own fleets which represent the bulk of trade.

Transponder enforcement
I don't have free port status enabled, nevertheless pirates are allowed to have their transponders off without my fleets taking issue with it.
Which feeds into the severe pirate activity problem I have.

It's capped at 50 in some situations, but not in others.
If I do a mission for pirates at 50 reputation, it will say my relationship is well established and not affected.
However, I got to 55 by saving them from a Persean League fleet.
Interestingly, a new relationship description exists for being over 50 rep, despite a cap of 50 being apparently intended.
Also, while on the subject of being friendly with normally-hostile factions, Luddic Path's unfriendly but non-hostile relationship descriptions are written with the assumption that the player started out neutral but got unfriendly, even though such relationship levels require a net increase in reputation.