Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fighters as Dowsing Rods  (Read 712 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Fighters as Dowsing Rods
« on: December 09, 2018, 10:11:41 AM »

So, I've got a cruiser with a wing of bombers.
And I've got a battle where some of the enemy ships just... wandered off somewhere.
Bombers on regroup try to hide behind the carrier.

So all I had to do to track them down was fly away from where my fighters had decided to gather.
(I think the fighters also pointed themselves at the nearest target, too.)

On the other hand, if I -hadn't- been able to do that, it would have been -really- annoying to try and track down, say, the one enemy destroyer that had gone wandering up against the left side of the map.  (This was a fight against survey drones, so 'letting the enemy retreat' wasn't an option.  Unlike previous reports of drones wandering off, this wasn't an out-of-ammo issue; I think there had just been enough drones that a few of them lost track of me, got out of sensor range, and then couldn't find me again.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

XazoTak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Fighters as Dowsing Rods
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »

There's quite a bit of complaining about drones having to be completely exterminated to end a fight and being a massive pain to exterminate.
Any chance something about battle rules will be tweaked? Such as a way to advance past deployed ships, allowing engagement of undeployed ships to be forced, and treating the enemy as having retreated if nothing undeployed remains?