Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Paying people to go collect abandoned cargo pods.  (Read 921 times)

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Paying people to go collect abandoned cargo pods.
« on: December 10, 2018, 01:39:49 AM »

If I leave some cargo pods somewhere and stabilize them then it'd be nice if I could pay a portion of the total cost to a salvage crew to go and scoop them up when I get back to civilization. It'd mainly be a QoL thing for me, I'm fine with a smaller percentage of profit on 3000 units of metal or w/e but leaving them behind entirely feels wrong.

The same setup could be used for randomly generated missions for the player actually. Buy coordinates to derelicts and stashes from shify-lookin' guys in bars.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Paying people to go collect abandoned cargo pods.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 03:37:53 AM »

How do you even end up with 3k of cargo over your capacity? I always go back to sell my haul after I reach the maximum capacity or near maximum and leave all that cheap ore/metal/organics in space. If there's anything yet left in the system I'll take it back myself, and if not, it's outright not worth it to go back for it.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Paying people to go collect abandoned cargo pods.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 04:53:57 AM »

There's so many ways you can end up well over capacity, especially while on quests in faraway systems, where you don't have a luxury of being able to easily return to the core worlds to drop off the loot. Exploration missions where you find derelicts or an abandoned station or two will leave you with tons of excess vendor stuff.

I've got a fleet of several capital ships on me (high firepower/DP count is convenient). Traveling back to collect the drops I left behind would be an unbelievably frustrating chore.