Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can you stop exporting certain goods?  (Read 1828 times)

code99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Can you stop exporting certain goods?
« on: December 07, 2018, 05:00:07 AM »

Long story short, Im wondering if you can disable exports on goods.

For example, I might want to make supplies but I dont want my colony to sell them but instead to stockpile them for me to do as I see fit. Can you do that?
Im asking because I might have missed something when I looked into this.

This would be a great addition imo if its not in the game already.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Can you stop exporting certain goods?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 05:16:19 AM »

The only way to disable exports or grow is to remove your spaceport, then rebuild it when you need it.  It would be nice to cap exports or population growth without this clunky workaround.

Colony stockpiles everything it produces, with colony size determining the max.  If your colony does not produce supplies (or crew or fuel), and you want it to stockpile those, put a waystation on it, and it will stockpile them as long as demand is met.

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 11:30:45 AM »

Build a waystation. It stockpiles supplies, fuel and crew and adds accessibility. A way to limit or stop exports would be nice to have and has already been requested several times. Hope it gets added. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 11:33:14 AM by The2nd »

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 12:01:23 PM »

The only way to stop exports is to remove the building that produces it.

If you just want to stockpile stuff then the way station is your building of choice. Any planet at like... 150% or lower with a waystation and spaceport will be minorly profitable and stockpile goods for you. It also won’t attract luddites or expeditions but it may attract pirates*.

* haven’t tested.

Torch

• Lieutenant
  • Long-time lurker and space RPG fan, neutral good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »

If you became the only producer of fuel by getting rid of all the competition and then stopped exporting, could you basically control the sector by shutting down vital industries of anyone not in your faction? Would the Diktat fade away/become smaller as other more well-funded factions overtook colonies it no longer has the funds to defend?