Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Orbital Station Ideas  (Read 2035 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Orbital Station Ideas
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:39:20 PM »

OK, I've noticed that the Orbital station gets quiet crowed with weapons, supplies, fuel and personnel.  Maybe the Orbital station can have it's supplied reduced every time something happens to it?  For example, if a Tri-Tachyon fleet raid the station, depending on the size of the fleet, will steal an amount of supplies, fuel, weapons, and personnel, and maybe even a few ships.  When a Hegemony fleet returns to the Orbital Station after a battle, it will take supplies, fuel, and personnel.  This will help control the amount of items in the Orbital Station at one time and also add a bit of realism to the game.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Orbital Station Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:53:41 AM »

That is a interesting idea. Though from what I understand, the way the station works right now is very very basic. Alex just threw the code for it together just so that it was in the campaign. But I do like your idea about the stations being raided.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
Re: Orbital Station Ideas
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:10:04 AM »

If anything items should stack to larger amounts to avoid the issue also popping up in your inventory.