Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: What if our colonies had shared storage?  (Read 1104 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
What if our colonies had shared storage?
« on: December 03, 2018, 08:10:56 AM »

Yea yea I get it, doesn't make any sense. But currently, things are so scarce you have to hoard pretty much everything. Then when you get to the colony stage, you're gonna use them to dump all your weapons, rare items and ships you don't use at the moment. Since hazard rating makes such a huge difference you're almost guaranteed to have colonies extremely far away from one another. This all combined means you'll run around like a headless chicken in hyperspace trying to find where you stored that Tachyon lance (since we don't have a way to see all items in storage yet).

I saw someone suggest having things delivered to your current location but that still takes time (the most important resource), leaving you defenseless against expeditions if your ships are stored on the other side of the sector. Honestly, we already invest so much into colonies, and storage comes free with it so I don't see a huge problem with it except making things easier than they already are for some people.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:54:53 AM by Grievous69 »
Please don't take me too seriously.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What if our colonies had shared storage?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 11:28:58 AM »

I already asked for moving things between colonies, but this way is good too.
(since we don't have a way to see what's stashed where yet)
We can... See first every stockpile in the colony and only at the end find about 2 or 4 first items from storage. With ships it's a little better, since typically you have less ships, but it still lists biggest ships first.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What if our colonies had shared storage?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:54:20 AM »

Whoops, guess I worded that incorrectly, gonna edit it now. I meant for a way to actually see everything, since now you can see fuel, supplies, ore...and other unimportant stuff so then it just cuts off to ''and x more items''. Which to me is most important because rare weapons in this game are ultra rare.
Please don't take me too seriously.