Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9a-RC9] Null pointer crash, after large battle  (Read 1069 times)

joyjumper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9a-RC9] Null pointer crash, after large battle
« on: December 02, 2018, 08:44:50 PM »

Hi, I've attached a log and the quick save of right before the battle.

Played a large battle (defended my 3rd tier battle station with a Paragon, successfully without losses against an onslaught of like 5 attacking fleets :D) and then in the victory screen the game crashed.

0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.9a-RC9 launcher
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Windows 8.1 6.3
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_79 (64-bit)
35737290 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.if.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a-RC9] Null pointer crash, after large battle
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »

Thanks for the report! Could you email me the save? fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a-RC9] Null pointer crash, after large battle
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 08:06:18 PM »

Just got the same message in-between an attack on a Luddic Path Battlestation (0.9a-RC10 version):

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.if.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
22091538 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
22091538 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]

No Mods loaded, however there are mods in the mod folder, just deactivated.  I've emailed the save game and log.

I'm not sure if it will be easy to duplicate (iron mode save, so the last save was about 20-30 minutes back), but take the current fleet after loading save and attack the Luddic Path star base in the Sunda system....I think the first deployment was first Paragon and first 3 Apogee's, then I retreated these (Deployment points reduced to 97...I'm guessing that is by design, only gaining about 85% of the deployment points back from retreated ships).

I *think* I then deployed the last Paragon and 2 Apogee's (just the next in line)...one got rather beat up so I retreated that.....something I noticed that was a little strange is that the deployment points reduced on their own (I think it was 16 after retreating the beat up Apogee, but went down to 14 later)...is there any situation where deployment points will be reduced when not retreating, just over the course of battle?

I then ordered a full retreat (Paragon & single Apogee), and after reading the summary screen, once again attempted to deploy my forces against the star base, and then it crashed to desktop.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:27:03 PM by Baqar79 »