Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to recover Planetary Shield Blueprint? HELP D:!  (Read 5592 times)

rude_strudel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How to recover Planetary Shield Blueprint? HELP D:!
« on: December 01, 2018, 07:19:32 PM »

Oh man, I messed up bad...

TLDR: How can I recover a lost blueprint for the Planetary Shield that I did NOT learn.

So in an attempt to maximize immersion, I did not read anything about the update when it was released (other than the teaser from many months ago). I kind of knew what to expect (and this update has blown away all expectations!!). I was not sure if reading the blueprints right away was the best idea or not, so when I recovered the planetary shield blueprint from the red planet mission, I kept it in storage.

Long story short, I finally got me a nice colony and was freighting all my storage to my new home including my beloved blueprint. Well, I got slammed by a massive pirate fleet just before making it to my base to dump cargo (and to be resource effective I left a large portion of my entourage behind). Though I emerged victoriously, it was not without a large number of cargo ship casualties, when I checked the damage I noticed the blueprint was lost!!! My stupid ass was so reflex engraved on hitting the save button that I accidentally overwrote my save game before checking my cargo...  I have no other backup. Is it possible to recover this blueprint or am I screwed? Is there an item ID listed anywhere? I was able to find an item ID for all blueprints except this one in the data files :X

Thank you so much for the help and reading this!

Alex OMG your game is F***ing awesome! I can't believe its come this far!!!!!
1k Hours Playing Starsector in 5 years :D! Thank you so much Alex! - 2017

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to recover Planetary Shield Blueprint? HELP D:!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 08:40:50 PM »

I don't get the point why anyone would not use it right away.
No there is no way to get a second one.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »

Probs some way via mods/console commands to add it to your inventory if you really want it.

rude_strudel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »

I don't get the point why anyone would not use it right away.
No there is no way to get a second one.

Thank you for the info, maybe someone knows the item ID?

As to your opinion, it really is not that hard a concept at all. It is a simple mistake of understanding value which I am sure YOU have done in the past (maybe a different game / life scenario). The point is, the value of any item is UNKOWN until you know its purpose. I did not know the blueprint was ONLY valuable if used and served no other purpose (besides a liquidation sale which is obviously a waste), from my point of view there could have been another use that I did not encounter thus far.

zaimoni

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 10:57:09 PM »

A more realistic concern, is whether there is a blueprint in the game that would be a serious negative to learn, and if so which ones are those.

I think it would be boldly advertised...something like an alpha core blueprint, for instance.  The negative interactions with high-tech battlestations don't seem to be intentional.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 01:13:04 AM »

I was just playing around with LazyWizard's console (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0) and this seems to spawn the Planetary Shield blueprint in your inventory:
"addspecial industry_bp planetaryshield" without the quotes.

I guess it wouldn't be too bad to have some sort of prompt come up for every new blueprint you find asking you to learn it; although that would negate a lot of the icon work for them (and I like seeing the blueprints before learning them so I can see what they contain)....maybe have some sort of clear warning prompt come up on selling blueprints that you have yet to learn?

EDIT: Sorry, you lost them in battle (not by selling them!); not sure how to handle losing blueprints in combat; maybe blueprints lost during battle can be guaranteed to be salvageable if you emerge victorious in the end?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 01:25:51 AM by Baqar79 »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 05:20:32 AM »

I learn blueprints as soon as possible precisely for this reason, unless it is a Pirate/Ludd pack with ships I do not want in my patrols.  The only bad blueprints are those that taint your patrols with bad ships because we do not have a blocker that forbids ships from appearing in our patrols.

rude_strudel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »

I was just playing around with LazyWizard's console (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0) and this seems to spawn the Planetary Shield blueprint in your inventory:
"addspecial industry_bp planetaryshield" without the quotes.

I guess it wouldn't be too bad to have some sort of prompt come up for every new blueprint you find asking you to learn it; although that would negate a lot of the icon work for them (and I like seeing the blueprints before learning them so I can see what they contain)....maybe have some sort of clear warning prompt come up on selling blueprints that you have yet to learn?

EDIT: Sorry, you lost them in battle (not by selling them!); not sure how to handle losing blueprints in combat; maybe blueprints lost during battle can be guaranteed to be salvageable if you emerge victorious in the end?

Thank you so much for this!

I too really enjoy the icon work. I think a 'one time use' or sell is a bit too simple a use for a very elegantly designed sprite. I hope more uses come out of blueprints in the future.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 10:53:31 PM »

For future reference, the game actually keeps two saves in your save folder - your current save, and then the save before that.  When yous save the game, the game keeps the previous save but appends it with .bak.  So you can (relatively) easily revert to the save state before your current one if you go into your save folder, delete the campaign.xml and descriptor.xml, and then remove the .bak file ending from the other two files in the folder.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 11:01:14 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 04:21:54 AM »

I learn blueprints as soon as possible precisely for this reason, unless it is a Pirate/Ludd pack with ships I do not want in my patrols.  The only bad blueprints are those that taint your patrols with bad ships because we do not have a blocker that forbids ships from appearing in our patrols.

i have not checked so  i can not guarantee, BUT there is a way to prioritize what ships show up in your patrols. as well as what weapons and fighters, bombers that they use.  and when i was generating fleets using these prioritized ships i really saw them very heavily picked over other ships in the same class (capital, cruiser, destroyer, frigate, fighter/bomber.) i assume the same would be true for weapons.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.