Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your best Paragon loadout(s).  (Read 32911 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Your best Paragon loadout(s).
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2018, 10:33:48 AM »

Paragon has really high shield upkeep so paying flux in PD to drop shields is actually a good deal a lot of the time, plus you can dissipate hard flux with shields down.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2018, 10:39:27 AM »

PD is also good for killing small fry, especially IPDAI IR Pulse Lasers.

Fortress Shield often builds up hard flux faster than tanking most of whatever gets thrown at.  It is useful for exchanging lots of soft flux for a little bit of hard flux before venting.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »

Only two missiles have fire range outside of Autopulse range, piliums, and harpoons...
If your shields are down you can just bring them up or shoot them down manually.

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2018, 04:20:22 AM »

4 Tachyon lances, 2 ion beams+2 heavy needlers (needler bursts work better for rapidly overloading shields and also for flicking fortress shield on+off), 4 tactical lasers on the forward small mounts, 6 burst lasers for the rear mounts just in case something annoying comes to poke with torpedoes (i could probably swap them out for something else), don't bother with the missile slots. Take the hullmods that make sense (hardened shields, advanced optics, advanced gyros etc.) and fill with max vents and the rest into capacitors.
It's just a boringly OP ship. ludicrous range, perfect hitscan accuracy with its beams that can shred frigate/destroyer shields, bully down cruisers, anything. Fortress shield allows you to either withdraw from combat safely if you've overextended, or trade soft flux for hard flux (basically) during prolonged combat. If you're trading with another capital ship you will always have more flux so all you need to do is trade until the enemy has to start dropping their shields and your tachyon lances and ion beams can disable every single weapon on the enemy ship due to EMP, leaving you free to drop shields for better flux dissapation and more damage dealing.

In the vanilla game the paragon is the only choice for an endgame battleship which is kind of a shame because ballistics are more satisfying to use. Its slow speed isn't a weakness even, it just means that you spend more time slowly crawling forwards before you reach weapons range to wipe out whatever you're fighting.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 04:26:14 AM by Baxter »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2018, 01:25:19 PM »

4 Lance Paragon is a more powerful ship, but Onslaught it a better player ship. Being able to get to the fight quicker means less time wasted and less allies damaged/destroyed. Very few enemies can actually get away from an Onslaught that points at them and burn drives, so its good for hunting. Not to mention 2/3 the deploy costs.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 05:49:39 PM »

4 TL Paragon is incredibly powerful. I don't think there's another loudout in the game that has the "erase this ship" potential of 4 TL with pinpoint accuracy from a mile away. They're great station and capital killers.

All that being said, I prefer my Paragons to be brawlers. The new Plasma Cannons are actually flux efficient now and hit really hard and Autopulse is good out-of-the-box now. The only weapon I tend not to put on a Paragon are Paladin PD because I think they're overkill. HIL are also pretty good but I prefer Autopulse in most situations.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2018, 05:05:53 AM »

I haven't used the Paladin or that large ballistic flak yet, I really don't think they're necessary.

On the topic of Onslaught being a better player ship I agree, burn driving into the fray and drawing all the fire on you is really good, especially since a lot of people tend to fit both "arms" with flak, so you're pretty much immune to missiles and fighters, the only things threatening that godly armour.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2022, 07:35:29 AM »

Just need advice now knowing the omega redacted are here, are there any weapons that they have that are any good on the paragon? or is 4 TC Lance still the better contendor?
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2022, 08:45:44 AM »

I'm a fan of the four autopulse build with extended mags.  It's energy damage so it's never useless, it recharges quickly and it gives you fine control over exactly how much ordnance you dish out with each volley.   It's also a fantastic fighter killer; just hold the button down and sweep your reticle over the cloud for instant popcorn.  If memory serves, I THINK autopulsers still count as beams too, so optics still helps them.  It's just a wonderful dakka setup that can pound whatever you point it at into a finely grated cloud of debris.

Four high intensity lasers will absolutely evaporate remnant derelicts since they're unshielded.  Four Tachyons is much the same.  Pretty much anything works thanks to the paragon's range boost but for my money, 4xautopulse is just maximum carnage and maximum fun.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2022, 10:10:36 PM »

might do that as I used a 2 autopulse and 2 plasma cannon build and it has helped me eradicate pirate and path fleets effectively but does somewhat poorly against remnant ordos
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2022, 09:57:15 AM »

I find if you're going to use weapons that use extended mags, you may as well stack them so you get maximum benefit out of the hullmod.  4 plasma cannons DOES give you some serious burst, but I like the control you get with 4 autopulsers.  You can practice with them to learn exactly how many shots you need to finish off a ship so you spend less time waiting on reload, plus the low flux per shot also gives you finer control over your flux meter--AND your enemy's.  On an AI paragon, tackies, plasmas or beams are probably the simpler and more reliable choice but if I'm in the cockpit, pulsers are my go-to.

tariq111

• Ensign
  • Join the biggest cashback community
    • View Profile
    • Cashback Deals
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2022, 03:28:00 AM »

One of my finest remnant build, 4 plasma cannon paragon, about 6 point defense and rest of points go to vents and capacitors. Anything that comes into contact with its demonic stare is instantly fried.
Pages: 1 [2]