Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: In your opinion, what type of faction is Starsector currently lacking?  (Read 17014 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: In your opinion, what type of faction is Starsector currently lacking?
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2018, 11:11:49 AM »

I like to see Remnants more proactive and start killing humans like the Cylons.  Currently, they hide and do not interact with the sector unless you invade their systems for whatever selfish reason you have.

Pirates and Pathers are too similar to each other.  Sindrian Diktat might as well be part of the Persean League since they have too much in common.

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2018, 11:20:57 AM »

Like Megas - I would like to see Remnants to do stuff.

But apart of that I would just love to see Independant split up into many smaller factions that directly try to expand into sector (forming new colonies) and which would be something that is compeeting against player more activately. I would wish also for major powers to NOT send "grey aera" expeditions - insted those new factions would be sending them (sending investigation fleet because of AI rumors still would be happening from Hegemony etc). Ah, and for that we would need ability to conquer new colonies... Etc. Etc.

I really do not like fact that "independant" are a faction as it is (even more then pirates). But again, that is just mine opinion on that matter and mine wishfull thinking - nothing more.

nathanebht

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2018, 05:58:15 PM »

Differentiate the human factions with more unique weapons. A few more ships that are visually identifiable with a faction would be nice. However, weapons unique to a faction would potentially add nicely to how the battles look. Currently some of the factions fire weapons that make them too similar to Hegemony.

Tri-Tachyon has lasers. Hegemony has various guns. The other factions could use some type of cheap volley missile? Or a really heavy missile? Maybe a heavy mortar?

Tei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2018, 06:23:29 PM »

I like to see Remnants more proactive and start killing humans like the Cylons.  Currently, they hide and do not interact with the sector unless you invade their systems for whatever selfish reason you have.

Pirates and Pathers are too similar to each other.  Sindrian Diktat might as well be part of the Persean League since they have too much in common.

I want to be able to give AI cores back to Remnant nexus' so I can make some robot friends. A gamma core controlled Derelict drone ship would be a big dumb adorable guard dog that you can send to kill people for you. And doesn't the Dicktat and League have the exact same ships even in vanilla?

Differentiate the human factions with more unique weapons. A few more ships that are visually identifiable with a faction would be nice. However, weapons unique to a faction would potentially add nicely to how the battles look. Currently some of the factions fire weapons that make them too similar to Hegemony.

Tri-Tachyon has lasers. Hegemony has various guns. The other factions could use some type of cheap volley missile? Or a really heavy missile? Maybe a heavy mortar?

Making ships visually look like its affiliated with a faction is somewhat simple IMO, just give them a faction appropriate paintjob and/or markings over the vanilla sprite like the 14th battleground ships.

fatrat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2018, 01:09:25 AM »

I don't think the game needs aliens or zergs or whatever, which have already been explored in other media. I think it's fine if starsector sticks with its theme offactions which are allegorical representations of various known earth political systems. It would be neat though if the AI sent invasions to some colonies or NPC planets sometimes.

I just want to see the existing factions behave more differently from each other based on their ideologies.

I'd be fine with not having aliens if the factions felt a little more distinct from one another. So far I put about 10 hours into the game, oh it's fun and a lot of the ships are cool, but nothing really stands out. A game that did the only human factions really well is EVE Online. Despite what some people might say about the game it did faction diversity pretty well. The factions are visually distinct and they have a lot of variety to them. It also helps that every faction has two weapons that they specialize in.

I'd still say I want an organic or mechanical faction of some kind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]