Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: My Faction and what i can do?  (Read 4116 times)

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
My Faction and what i can do?
« on: December 15, 2018, 10:17:37 PM »

Hello all.

1) why isnt my faction in the factions tab?
2) can my faction ally with another faction
3) Can I capture a star port? or a base and convert it to my faction?
4) what other things can I do that I might be unaware of?

thank you

Captain Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: My Faction and what i can do?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 12:57:23 AM »

1) Your faction is not sovereign and recognized state so in 0.9 at-least its not real faction per se, and not on tab. Hence why you are bullied by other factions with expeditions and under regime of Hegemony AI inspections.   
2) You can accept commission from one of mayor factions; then from my play-through Hegemony from which i got commission never attacked my planets but not really send any help neither so...
3) You can if you destabilize planet and make hjer uncivilized then you can colonize her but no planet and port catching in vanilla at least, but there is mod for that.
4) Not much at this moment, your colonies are good refueling and repair stations extending your exploration range and you can also produce weapons and ships there once you get blueprints and of course build heavy industries.

In my opinion colonies should be constructed only when you are part of faction, get commission and granted charter for founding one. Then of course if your colony is really successful you could have an option to declare independence and fight against your faction but it should not be easy or quick since Starsector is not really 4X game and there should be option for one ship play as smuggler/courier or what not.

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 02:23:16 AM »

thank you very much for the information and updating me. This information has provided cleared up a lot and brought me up to speed on this topic.

thank you.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 08:46:58 AM »

Hegemony and Luddic Church do not attack competitors.  Instead, they attack your colonies that have free port, and they aim for Spaceport/Megaport.  If they succeed in that, that can be a possible kill shot (if you do not have stockpiles to feed shortages) due to effectively knocking out everything.  Luddic Church has the weakest fleets (no Heavy Industry means lots of clunkers on par with pirates).  Hegemony is no more powerful than Diktat or League.

Commission does not save you from the wrath of its faction's expeditions (until next release).

Middle_Sector

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 03:41:59 AM »

So i got commissioned by League, established a colony and now they are attacking my colony. So i am like "prepare uranus", but i cant attack them cause they are friendly. A bug or a feature?