Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AI inspection Fleets - Even weak fleets still take your cores?  (Read 9932 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: AI inspection Fleets - Even weak fleets still take your cores?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 10:03:13 AM »

In the previous versions, intel was passive and your reaction to it was determined by your actions. On the other hand, averting expeditions and denying inspections requires you not to see a piece of intel and act on it, but to click a button where there were none and that almost nothing else requires (except for survey/scan missions, for some reason).

cuurig

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2019, 07:20:30 AM »

I dont even have the option of changing my behavior anymore. There is no button on the intel tab. Im just forced to resist now? My reputation with Hegemony is pretty low at this point, maybe thats why?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 08:14:35 AM »

If the inspection fleet already arrived in the system, it's impossible to change your colony's stance on the matter.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 06:55:10 PM »

Also there's no bribe/cooperate option if you're already hostile to Hegemony.

RazorCalahan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 01:54:35 AM »

I am fairly new to the game and have been reading through this to find out about alternative solutions to what I am doing, but they all sound like you lose either a lot of reputation, or a lot of credits, or a lot of AI cores (even if it's only the cheap gamma cores), or a mix of those.

Now what I've been doing is the following: I simply destroy the inspection forces before they arrive (of course with my transponder off so they won't identify me). I lose 5 reputation, no cores and no money, and on top of that I get tons of loot and money from the inspection fleet. Now, since I'm fairly new to this game and only had 2 inspections to deal with so far, I am wondering if this approach is no long term solution? Like, will the reputation loss grow larger if more and more inspection forces disappear? Will they send even bigger inspection forces?

Paul_Kauphart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 04:10:37 AM »

The inspection fleet might grow bigger and bigger, but the reputation loss if you kill the fleet transponder off will stay at 5. However the downside is, you have to do it yourself, so that means coming back from whatever you were doing in the fringe to deal with it. The bribe might look expensive, but it will only get to the million credits after a few in game years, and generally you have more than enough income by then that 1 million credit bribe a year is no big deal. I also like the idea of replacing all my alpha and beta cores with gamma, and let the inspection do its thing and leave with the gammas, I'm not lacking in them, and I only use them to gain reputation with factions nowadays.
Pages: 1 [2]