Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Disabled Spaceport  (Read 3729 times)

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Disabled Spaceport
« on: November 29, 2018, 02:49:48 PM »

I started bleeding insane amount of money and when I looked into as to why, I found my spaceport in my colony disabled. As far as I know no one attacked it, so I would like to know what can cause this to happen?

DaLagga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Disabled Spaceport
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 02:54:57 PM »

Most likely Pather sabotage.  Look at the top of your colony screen at the conditions.  It should tell you something there about what happened. 

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:57:45 PM »

most likely them, its the only plausible thing. Im about to ram my fleet so far down their fanatical asses.

StarGibbon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 03:09:12 PM »

most likely them, its the only plausible thing. Im about to ram my fleet so far down their fanatical asses.

An apt metaphor, considering LP are like herpes. Once you have them, you have them for life and can only treat the occasional outbreak.

Functionally its no different from pirates, but it bothers me that it's the *same* cell and Im powerless to eradicate them.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 04:06:27 PM »

Pretty sure its those pathers, Got one of my fabricators disabled on a really bad time and cost me money.

Which is why I stopped my expeditions and decided to make sure they get wiped out. Now if only Alex added a way to get rid of them like "Crack down Pathers" or "Track down Pather bases" would've have been a nice thing.

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 04:33:55 PM »

An apt metaphor, considering LP are like herpes. Once you have them, you have them for life and can only treat the occasional outbreak.

Functionally its no different from pirates, but it bothers me that it's the *same* cell and Im powerless to eradicate them.

I dusted off a my onslaught and conquest, picked up enough supplies to last trough the winter, and went cancer hunting. I don't think there was a better feeling in this game than when I sploded that station. Those loonies cost me over 2 mil at a time when I was already in debt.

StarGibbon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 04:40:57 PM »

I dusted off a my onslaught and conquest, picked up enough supplies to last trough the winter, and went cancer hunting. I don't think there was a better feeling in this game than when I sploded that station. Those loonies cost me over 2 mil at a time when I was already in debt.

I'm sitting outside a pestilential  LP base right now, but have no idea how to crack it. Im running with a heavy fleet as well that could absolutely take down the base  1v1, but it's surrounded by a seemingly unending supply of fleets that never drift far enough away to pick off. At the end of the day Im only a single fleet and can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

How are you supposed to remove this colony threat? I thought I read that raids were supposed to be an alternative, but you still need to clear the fleets to launch one.

Any tips?

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 05:00:24 PM »

I'm sitting outside a pestilential  LP base right now, but have no idea how to crack it. Im running with a heavy fleet as well that could absolutely take down the base  1v1, but it's surrounded by a seemingly unending supply of fleets that never drift far enough away to pick off. At the end of the day Im only a single fleet and can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

How are you supposed to remove this colony threat? I thought I read that raids were supposed to be an alternative, but you still need to clear the fleets to launch one.

Any tips?

Lure the fleets away from the station and grind them down. Play defensively and they will suicide into you like the crazy fanatics that they are.

You can also park in an nearby asteroid field or debris field go dark and wait for a good opportunity.

Or a combination of the two. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:03:27 PM by The2nd »

StarGibbon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 05:08:45 PM »

Lure the fleets away from the station and grind them down. Play defensively and they will suicide into you like the crazy fanatics that they are.

You can also park in an nearby asteroid field or debris field go dark and wait for a good opportunity.

Or a combination of the two. 

Thanks! But like I said, they dont drift far enough away from the station on their own, and haven't been able to lure them successfully yet.  Been watching them for 200 supplies worth of time. There are just so many of them.

I think Im just going to leave, load up on gas and supplies, and come back with a fleet twice the size so the deployment points arent so lopsided.

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 05:19:34 PM »

Thanks! But like I said, they dont drift far enough away from the station on their own, and haven't been able to lure them successfully yet. 

They don't follow you at all? Like the usual "keeping in contact with your fleet" when they are too week to attack you directly? If they stick to the station I guess brute force is the only way. 

StarGibbon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 05:24:07 PM »

Thanks! But like I said, they dont drift far enough away from the station on their own, and haven't been able to lure them successfully yet. 

They don't follow you at all? Like the usual "keeping in contact with your fleet" when they are too week to attack you directly? If they stick to the station I guess brute force is the only way. 

Its just a matter of there being so many of them, even if I pull one a little ways off (they retreat back eventually) theyre still within range of other supporting fleets, and the numbers are so lopsided I can barely deploy any ships. I need a bigger fleet just to win those initial fringe encounters so i can thin the herd.  Sometimes you just have to throw fuel /supply economy to the wind I guess, and actually use your colony's ability to mass produce Dominators for something.

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »

Its just a matter of there being so many of them, even if I pull one a little ways off (they retreat back eventually) theyre still within range of other supporting fleets, and the numbers are so lopsided I can barely deploy any ships. I need a bigger fleet just to win those initial fringe encounters so i can thin the herd.  Sometimes you just have to throw fuel /supply economy to the wind I guess, and actually use your colony's ability to mass produce Dominators for something.

Destroying spiritualists with pure economic power  ;D

I guess your battle size is already at 500? I've always had a rather big fleet when the path became a problem. Looking back I have to say I really like them as a faction. They are annoying sure, but they are the most distinct faction. Fighting them is rather different and they can catch you off guard if you underestimate them.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:36:58 PM by The2nd »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »

Thats pretty much the opposite of my experience with killing the Luddic bases. The battlestation is hard if it gets past the first tier, but their fleets are just handy deliveries of supplies and fuel.

My recommendation is to engage them and enjoy the slaughter, but keep your ships away from the station until you can get a proper swarming kill on it.