Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Many stars are colonizable with no features of interest  (Read 822 times)

Ulzgoroth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Many stars are colonizable with no features of interest
« on: November 29, 2018, 02:27:27 PM »

I suspect this is a property of secondary stars orbiting the system primary, but I'm not 100% on that.

Regardless of the cause, lots of stars show up as survey-able bodies.  And while pushing through the corona takes a little effort it's easily possible to actually perform those surveys.  I was initially excited by the prospect of close-solar-orbit industrial stations being a thing, but I suspect this is actually a bug.  Survey-able stars have no planetary modifiers I can discern, so they come in at 100% hazard.

(Unsure what version to attribute this to.  In the likely case that this is set at world generation, probably the first public release version.)

paragonid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Many stars are colonizable with no features of interest
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 11:55:18 AM »

Couldn't find this by search, almost created a duplicate.

Version: 0.9-RC10
Tags: star expedition survey

Example image:
Spoiler
[close]

P.S.: using last version where issue appears is the standard for the bug reports, implying you only care for it to be fixed in future
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:56:52 AM by paragonid »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Many stars are colonizable with no features of interest
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »

Thanks for the report; this came up... a few times :) Fixed for the next release!

Btw, I'd suggest not establishing colonies on stars, as that'll lead to likely crashes later on in the game.