Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Colony cap  (Read 6693 times)

Typo91

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Colony cap
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 11:11:25 AM »

oh i remember reading that on the Alpha Core... and I was meaning to try it but I forgot.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »

@Wyvern
Oh, come on! You spoiled it.
I... really?  There's literally an in-game displayed statistic of "Number of colonies managed by AI cores"!  (Currently zero in my playthrough, but I imagine that'll change sooner or later.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Truthowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 10:49:23 PM »

Thank you for the information everyone. Really really appreciated.
--
Truthowl

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 02:42:24 AM »

@Serenitis
No. The best you can do is to look for them and hope you'll eventually find one that's more skilled.
Oh. Nice.
Another trap.

I wonder why these hireable guys don't work the same as the other hireable guys?
All it ends up meaning is that the player has to trawl around everywhere with a comm board looking for guys with the 'good' skills, which is tedious enough on its own. But what if the player is based out on the fringes of the sector? Are they then expected to travel to the core and spend some indeterminate amount of time pressing RNG buttons in various places while their distant colony gets clowned on by all the factions?

All they need is just some simple means of progression so that even if they don't have the skill you want right now, with some investment of time you can eventually get that.
Parity with Officers pls.

Draba

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 04:50:30 AM »

@Serenitis
No. The best you can do is to look for them and hope you'll eventually find one that's more skilled.
Oh. Nice.
Another trap.

I wonder why these hireable guys don't work the same as the other hireable guys?
All it ends up meaning is that the player has to trawl around everywhere with a comm board looking for guys with the 'good' skills, which is tedious enough on its own. But what if the player is based out on the fringes of the sector? Are they then expected to travel to the core and spend some indeterminate amount of time pressing RNG buttons in various places while their distant colony gets clowned on by all the factions?

All they need is just some simple means of progression so that even if they don't have the skill you want right now, with some investment of time you can eventually get that.
Parity with Officers pls.

IMO you are a bit overly dramatic, seems like there are only 4 possible bar administrators and you are looking for the one with Industrial planning 3.
Kinda strange that they won't level up but the difference isn't that big, fleet logistics/planetary operations are really bad in comparison so you don't lose that much.
Or just use the alpha from the bar mission :)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 04:55:32 AM »

Plop a colony of your own and check its comm board occasionally, or even visit the comm boards of enemy bases before you destroy them.  Most of my administrators came from pirate bases just before I destroyed them.

It is possible to find two-skill admins at comm boards, but they are rare and expensive in any case.  No skill is 2500, one skill is 5000, and two skill is 25000.

XazoTak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 03:34:11 PM »

How do you get around the cap??? start a colony and just abandon it? or edit a file somewhere?
Assign an Alpha-grade AI as the colony administrator.

Using Alphas to boost industries seems to be safe (aside from having to bribe Hegemony inspection fleets), at least based on my experiences so far.  Setting one as an administrator can, apparently, have some problems.  I haven't done it yet, so I don't know how that goes.
I can set an alpha core as an administrator?
That sounds awfully prone to backfiring.
I'm going to do it.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »

@ XaZoTak:  The only bad thing is if you try to remove it after it governs long enough.  If you can bribe the Inspection fleets away, why would you want to remove the core?  As long as you leave your psycho alpha alone, it is happy - your happy psycho alpha.
Pages: 1 [2]