Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Autofire wont work with selected weapons  (Read 1263 times)

PeepingPeacock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Autofire wont work with selected weapons
« on: November 29, 2018, 09:41:29 AM »

Selected weapons will not autofire if set to do so.

I may be me misremembering things but I recall setting all my weapons to autofire and then focusing on controlling my ship movement and shield usage, while the weapons took care of themselves in previous versions.

I'm not sure if there's anyway to selected no weapons on a controlled ship, so doing the same thing now results in losing at least one weapon that does nothing unless used manually.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Autofire wont work with selected weapons
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 10:26:13 AM »

I may be me misremembering things but I recall setting all my weapons to autofire and then focusing on controlling my ship movement and shield usage, while the weapons took care of themselves in previous versions.

I'm not sure if there's anyway to selected no weapons on a controlled ship, so doing the same thing now results in losing at least one weapon that does nothing unless used manually.
There are five weapon groups;  all you have to do is allocate the weapons to four of them and leave the fifth group empty, then in combat select the fifth group by pressing the 5 key.  Of course, most ships have missile slots which you REALLY SHOULD control yourself, so those can go into the fifth group (or first, so you don't even have to change which group is active).