Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: seeds?  (Read 29202 times)

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: seeds?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 06:42:03 PM »

Seeds generally become invalid for new RCs yes.

Alcoholic Goose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2019, 09:54:56 PM »

I found a nice seed with four = or <125% Hazard rating planets West of the Core worlds. Two of the systems are highly infested with Remnant fleets, and one with a battle station.

MN-4327666210357136305

I love this game so much that I had to share ???

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2019, 12:23:25 AM »

I understand why the Sector is randomly generated, but I'd much prefer if all the systems were hand-made like the Core systems are. I'm sick of randomly-generated overworlds.

I wonder if someone will ever make a mod that creates a "canon" version of the sector with all custom and fixed systems.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2019, 02:34:33 AM »

As useless as it is sharing seeds, it's always nice to see the various fun places the mercurial RNG comes up with.
In my current game, I've explored ~45% of the sector and found a few interesting places:
Spoiler
[close]
And that same game was my second attempt to try out a modified procgen which should achive a result vaguely similar to the next release.
Success (for a certain value of anyway).
Spoiler

Penny's Star colonised and self-suficient thanks to Xuthus being able to host organics.
Also Ismara
[close]

BTW, Earth is not a 50% hazard world. We don't have that nice Mild Climate modifier.
Arguably we'd have 'extreme weather' given the mad stuff that happens all over the place frequently.
(Including the massive amounts of rain that broke a dam last week. A dam I live just downstream from.)
We'd also possibly qualify for 'tectonic activity'.
So Earth would potentially be a 125% world.

MrMax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2019, 09:00:38 PM »

Can I ask what mod you use to generate those additional planet types? Looks fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3]