Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible bug about (D) ships? "Fixing" them with hullmods  (Read 838 times)

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
Possible bug about (D) ships? "Fixing" them with hullmods
« on: November 28, 2018, 03:05:30 PM »

Reason I'm posting this one here is that I'm not really sure if this is an actual bug or if Alex left it as little way to earn more money from selling (D) class ships.

We all know that salvaging and selling (D) ships aren't the most profitable business in the game*. Leaving some weapons on them increases their value but thats because it adds the amount of the weapons its sold with. I'm not the huge fan of the (D) class ships requiring a whole overhaul rather than allowing you to fix them one by one in order to save a few credits but in this game, you make do with what you have...until someone mods or something along those lines.

Anyway, I was screwing around with some stuff as always, and went back to my colony after clearing another pirate base. Salvaged 2 Cerberus, a Mule, and a Colossus MK.II. Proceeded to repair them with supplies to atleast increase their market value and then checked for useable weapons. Sold the Mule and the MKII for having the usual PD weapons. Thats left me with two Cerberus. Both of them have the same D-mods, compromised armor and unreliable subsystems. Decided to see what weapons I can salvage from both and found some few Light Machineguns and a Heavy Mauler.

Then it hit me, one of them has the Makeshift shield generator while the other has heavy armor and blast doors but they don't sell the same amount. I proceeded to screw around and found out that adding more hullmods increases their market value that almost reached to the point that they are close to 1/4 of the standard versions in terms of selling them. It seems that the game adds a small amount per hullmod to the selling price of the ship.

This is the part where I'm not sure if its a bug or not, from what I remember, Hullmods didn't add more market value to the ship when selling it....but I might've remembered wrong.

*Unless you modify the config to increase their selling value.