Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sindria should buy-back synchotrons the way everybody does AI cores  (Read 4541 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

my cup runneth over with synchrotrons. I'm actually not super interested in building fuel facilities (I have more synchos than I have colonies lol), but nobody will offer me more $ than the base black market price so I've taken to just... pitching them out the window like an empty fast food soda cup bc the only thing they'd be worth to me is reputation I can use to curtail Sindrian expeditions.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Sindria should buy-back synchotrons the way everybody does AI cores
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 08:10:46 PM »

Selling it would not be profitable - you'd just reduce your market share.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 02:08:23 AM »

i can only use one per colony, and i dont wanna put a fuel production facility on every colony just bc i have nothing to do with all these synchrotrons
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 02:59:42 AM »

i can only use one per colony, and i dont wanna put a fuel production facility on every colony just bc i have nothing to do with all these synchrotrons

Which is exactly the point - hoarding them with nothing to do is better than letting other factions use synchrotrons to increase their fuel production and cut into my export profits.
Selling them to someone who can't use or re-sell them is best though, like open market on your own colony.

Then again, selling synchrotron to Sindria for ungodly amount of money to raid it back right next is decent option too :D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 03:01:39 AM by TaLaR »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 04:16:55 AM »

Then again, selling synchrotron to Sindria for ungodly amount of money to raid it back right next is decent option too :D
I may do this for the corrupt nanoforge I swiped from Tri-Tachyon, which came as a bonus with a successful blueprint raid (that got me Hyperion).

There were a few times I considered the same for pristine nanoforge with Hegemony had I saved some of the less impressive blueprint raids.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 05:47:37 AM »

i think SCs should just be waaay less common that they are now. in the pre-relase teasers we got, it sounded (to me) like they were extremely rare, to the point where even a small chance of stealing Sindria's would be worth putting a large amount of resources into raiding one of the most well-defended markets in the sector.

now, they are so common that, once you have a couple large colonies, you can easily flood the market with massive amounts of fuel exports and way outproduce Sindria, even without taking away their SC.

i'd say SCs should be at least as rare as Pristine Nanoforges, perhaps more so. so finding one really would be incredible luck and a huge boon, and raiding for a chance to steal one might still be worth it by the time you have the military power to actually pull it off.

if that makes player fuel production too limited, the current +3 bonus could be exclusive to Pristine SCs, similar to NFs, with a more common Corrupted version giving +1.

as for the actual thread topic, i agree it would make sense for Sindria wanting to buy these from you in the same way they would AI Cores.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 08:12:32 AM »

Maybe synchrotrons could be slightly less common.  I think I found about three or four so far.  Same with corrupted nanoforges.  You only need maybe two, one for your primary and a backup in case primary gets disrupted.

What could be much rarer are those cursed Pirate and Ludd (both church and pather) packs.  Ideally, those should be only obtained by raiding the factions that use them (or bought from pirates in case of theirs).  Without a clean way to block their mostly inferior hulls from diluting my fleets, I do not want to learn them.  (Pirate is most useful for Colossus 3, as poor man's Valkyrie when I want to raid stuff.)  Standard blueprints, at least individual ones, need to be much more common.  Maybe the standard tech packs can be slightly more common too.  I found a low-tech one kind of late in the game long after I got midline and high-tech.  EDIT:  Missiles too came slightly late for me.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 11:57:43 AM »

Wait, do other factions actually install the synchros and nanoforges you sell to them?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »

Wait, do other factions actually install the synchros and nanoforges you sell to them?
The patch notes say so.  I have not confirmed that during my playthrough.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »

The patch notes say so.  I have not confirmed that during my playthrough.
I don't remember either of items being on these colonies before I started scavenging.
Spoiler
[close]

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 03:13:19 PM »

my cup runneth over with synchrotrons. I'm actually not super interested in building fuel facilities (I have more synchos than I have colonies lol), but nobody will offer me more $ than the base black market price so I've taken to just... pitching them out the window like an empty fast food soda cup bc the only thing they'd be worth to me is reputation I can use to curtail Sindrian expeditions.

If Sindra is going to buy your synchrotron they're only going to buy it if you're not using one. They've got to protect their monopoly after all.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 06:36:35 PM »

If Sindra is going to buy your synchrotron they're only going to buy it if you're not using one. They've got to protect their monopoly after all.

I would be okay with that, I don't even use the first. I just don't find fuel production v interesting