Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: no industries require heavy equipment?  (Read 570 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
no industries require heavy equipment?
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »

aside from one that I've found. I have one factory producing heavy machinery and every other industry everywhere I can plant them and my cup still runneth over with heavy industrial equipment even tho I've almost exactly built my faction to run on a machinery deficit as I could.
That's weird. Even if it makes sense to have terrestrial industries use static facilities that don't need to be moved or replaced ever, a factory still needs forklifts and shuttles and heavy industrial packing equipment and heavy industrial de-packing equipment and a big machine that goes "ping!" in the administrator's office any time they make a profit.
And, it does make sense from a gameplay perspective to not tie the operation of every industry in the game to a single commodity that's only produced by one of them, and in that way I agree, but then consider: no industry (except for the one that produces heavy machinery) is upgradeable.

So, my suggestion; make every industry that doesn't require heavy machinery upgradeable to an industrialized version that produces the same goods on a grander scale but adds heavy machinery to the regents needed and not in a cost-effective way (so the base-gameplay remains largely the same) so the player is given the option to construct a machinery-sink, and players who plant a techmine on every ruin they can find (Hi! It me) can run their capital as extremely over-industrialized as possible, requiring heavy machinery in every facet of life and generally just running their society in a way that would make Pather heads explode and drawing increased hegemony attention bc the resource-inefficiency of the industrialized productions means a player running an over-industrialized factory world profitably is probably using AI a lot.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then