Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Halo: universe (Ideas)  (Read 38617 times)

Equinox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Halo: universe (Ideas)
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »

All those are amazing renders but unfortunately I cant mod :P so im hoping that someone with some skill in this area can come and make us this mod!  :D :D :D

TheCornerBro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2012, 05:37:24 PM »

Although they do look nice (i will probably actually use the longsword) the renders generally look vastly different from in-game pics(which is what I've made 6 of the other ships with), also I already have a few of these.

Durendal5150

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »

Hello gentlemen. I made you a present.

Hermes-Class Light Carrier. Frigate Tonnage. (As seen from below, because it's more interesting and the flight bays are drop-style)

With my shiny new UNFBig and CFHOD programs, I'm tearing renders out of homeworld. And there's a halo mod in progress...so I'm borrowing some things.

Go over to ModDB and look up Halo:Homefront to see what they're doing. I think I'll just keep right on extractin' in the meantime. I'll maybe stat them later if you folks remain uncertain about it.

Mr.FancyPants

• Ensign
  • I am just a man with some Fancy Pants
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 11:11:41 PM »

Hello, I am quite excited about the possibility of a halo mod and would like to offer to help out in any way i can. I can mod sprites into the game as ships and could do so for any sprites you desire.

Armadillo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 04:22:58 AM »

Hello!

I too love the halo universe, and would like to help out. I can mod sprites into ships and create missions!

Subject901

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2012, 05:29:45 AM »

isnt this idea dead?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2012, 07:30:10 AM »

isnt this idea dead?

I hope not. I mean, it's been necroed XD

Mr.FancyPants

• Ensign
  • I am just a man with some Fancy Pants
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 02:00:18 PM »

Could someone make that hermes small enough to be put into the game please, i really wanna be able to use. :)

Smika

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2012, 06:19:48 AM »

The whole idea about Halo universe ships came into my mind the second i thought about mods, so i searched about Halo, and found this thread. Last reply seems to be around 2 months old, but i want to believe that You guys keep working on this one. I created this forum account just that I can say that I'll be among the first persons to download the complete mod  ;)  I really hope and wish that this one gets done.

Also i got some mission ideas, witch vary from certain point defense to hunting a single ship

Defense missions
"The Fall of reach" (Objective could be no different from other normal battle missions, be the last and eliminate the thread
"The defense of the Earth" (On this one, I've been thinking that the Orbital Defense Stations must survive)

Attacking missions
"Halo" (Player must go from point A to point B, and there would be enemy ships in the way)
"Halo II: Delta Halo" ( Halo 2 story, where UNSC forces drop the ODST's to the second Halo ring. This mission could be about attacking the defending Covenant forces)
"Halo III: The Ark" (Halo 3 story, where humans and Covenants chase the Prophet of Truth to the Ark.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:59:56 AM by Smika »

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2012, 01:23:22 PM »

Right, here's a few things
(pulls up Halo: Genesis from my CE Halo Wars)
It appears to be the Covenant have Omni shields and are heavily laser based. Combined nuclear weaponry firepower can take them down, but one covenant ship needed 13 other ships to die before it was defeated.

There is also a HUGE discrepancy between the power of covenant and UNSC ships.
107 UNSC vs 13 Covenant under Admiral Preston Cole, end result is victory at the loss of 37 warships.
Seventy left, 8 more covenant, ONI dubbed it a strategic victory despite the loss of 30 more ships.
Final battle, 'Battle of the Great Bear', seventeen ships (at least eleven destroyers) against three covenant, all three covenant killed with one crash landing with the loss of said eleven destroyers.

UNSC Spirit of Fire, the converted colony ship of Halo Wars fame, has a repair and refit bay capable of launching exoskeleton vehicles and up to 60 EVA engineers. MAC cannons accelerate depleted uranium slugs to a fraction of the speed of light, Archer missile pods, storage/auxiliary launch houses for scorpion tanks, warthogs, self assembling fusion reactors and other items that can be dropped planetside via pelican assist.
Unshielded covenant ships of small size die within one shot of the SoFs MAC. Havok nuclear missiles too.
They seem to be fairly large, ranging upwards of a few hundred metres (this is the Prophecy, BTW)

They do have stealth ships like the UNSC Last Gleaming.

Hope this helped...
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Thesnakeman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2013, 01:40:34 PM »

i hope people are still working on this mod
it would be awesome
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]